Some strange artifacts in sideview techdraw

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
brjhaverkamp

Some strange artifacts in sideview techdraw

Post by brjhaverkamp »

Hello all,
I originally posted this in the techdraw sub-forum, but wandererfan adviced me to repost here.
I couldn't find a way to move the post, probalby only the admins can do that.
so I recreate the post here. Hope I'm not messing it up even further.

------
Hello all,

I am struggling a bit with the side views of my attic project. Most drawings come out fine, but for some reason the east side (oostzijde in dutch) view has some strange lines or line placement at the dormers.
I have attached a screenshot of the techdraw portion and the same in the 3D view.
And here is a link to the file: https://www.oatfield.nl/nextcloud/index ... 8QJ287QHoX

If anyone can give me a hint on why these drawings are off, while the cross-sections and the beam plan are OK Id be very gratefull!
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (252.11 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (310.77 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
Regards,

Bert

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.16117 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: dbb4cc6415bac848a294f03b80f65e888d531742
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
vocx
Veteran

Re: Some strange artifacts in sideview techdraw

Post by vocx »

brjhaverkamp wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:08 pm ...
If anyone can give me a hint on why these drawings are off, while the cross-sections and the beam plan are OK Id be very gratefull!
How are you generating the views? Arch SectionPlane and then TechDraw NewArch? Mention this, as it's important.

You may try with the newer 0.19 development version, as improvements have been made in the SVG generation code from Draft, that is then displayed by TechDraw.

Also, you know, you can just ask a moderator to move your post. You don't need to recreate it. That's what moderators are for, they take care of business. Use them.

----------

For reference, this is the original thread, Some strange artifacts in sideview drawing.

And this is wandererfan posting about the previous post, XPost - Visual Artifacts in ArchSectionView.

Lol. So much repetition, just to ask a question.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
brjhaverkamp

Post by brjhaverkamp »

Thx.
I have tried 0.19 daily, but that one was even worse. And threw some errors in the report pane, so I think I just had a bad build. Will try again in a couple of days.
I am using Arch Sectionplane. So the answer must be on the Arch side I think.

And apologies for the duplication and crosspost. Will refer to the moderator next time!

Bert
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

I do not know why the windows are invisible. But the artifacts seem to be interior elements that are listed in the Objects property of Section East. I have tried opening the file in V0.17, V0.18 and two V0.19 versions, but in all cases I encounter issues.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

brjhaverkamp wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:45 am ... And threw some errors in the report pane, ...
And what is stopping you from posting these errors? I don't understand this. If you have a problem, you need to provide as much information as possible.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
brjhaverkamp

Post by brjhaverkamp »

One at a time though, so first I wanted to deal with this problem in 0.18. And then revisit my initial experience with 0.19. The errors were not related to this problem anyways.