[ Bug ? Resolved ] TechDraw ArchView fails on some BuildingPart

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
paullee
Veteran

[ Bug ? Resolved ] TechDraw ArchView fails on some BuildingPart

Post by paullee »

[ Bug ? Resolved - see [url]https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 99#p371050[/url]]

Hi, testing the TechDraw ArchView again using the Villa Savoye model.

Found using BuildingPart as source of ArchView (in lieu of ArchSection) very handy ! :)

Just find it works on G/F, 2/F, but not on 1/F as shown in screencapture. File of the model at [EDIT - link fix]https://github.com/paullee0/FreeCAD_Villa-Savoye

Any idea ? Thanks.
wandererfan wrote: Ping
yorik wrote: Ping
Screenshot from 2020-02-19 23-35-07.png
Screenshot from 2020-02-19 23-35-07.png (196.61 KiB) Viewed 539 times
Last edited by paullee on Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: [ Bug ? ] TechDraw ArchView fails on some BuildingPart

Post by wandererfan »

paullee wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:56 pm Found using BuildingPart as source of ArchView (in lieu of ArchSection) very handy ! :)
This is going to be a problem. We just put a check into master to only accept ArchSection as Source for ArchView because we were getting crashes if the wrong object type was selected. If ArchView is supposed to accept objects other than ArchSection, we will have to change that check. I'll need some input on which Arch objects should be allowed (and how to identify them).
Just find it works on G/F, 2/F, but not on 1/F as shown in screencapture.
url is messed up.

I get bunches of messages when I recompute this file:

Code: Select all

<string>(1)<class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>: No module named 'ArchSketchObject'
<input>:1101:6: Could not resolve property: none
<input>:180:6: Could not resolve property: none
ArchSketchObject add-on module is not installed yet
109.649 <App> Document.cpp(3204): Villa_Savoye#Wall003 still touched after recompute
Aside from that, the actual problem is that 1F does not return any Svg when requested. GF returns a whole bunch of Svg.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:05 pm
paullee wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:56 pm Found using BuildingPart as source of ArchView (in lieu of ArchSection) very handy ! :)
This is going to be a problem. We just put a check into master to only accept ArchSection as Source for ArchView because we were getting crashes if the wrong object type was selected. If ArchView is supposed to accept objects other than ArchSection, we will have to change that check. I'll need some input on which Arch objects should be allowed (and how to identify them).
BuildingPart should be acceptable as indicated in the tip of the Source attribute of the ArchView, @Yorik should have mentioned it somewhere in the forum but I just can't find it, and not mention in the wiki (yet?) :)

Screenshot from 2020-02-20 07-36-11.png
Screenshot from 2020-02-20 07-36-11.png (211.61 KiB) Viewed 505 times
wandererfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:05 pm url is messed up.
:oops: doubled the Url, fixed now.
wandererfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:05 pm I get bunches of messages when I recompute this file:

Code: Select all

<string>(1)<class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>: No module named 'ArchSketchObject'
<input>:1101:6: Could not resolve property: none
<input>:180:6: Could not resolve property: none
ArchSketchObject add-on module is not installed yet
109.649 <App> Document.cpp(3204): Villa_Savoye#Wall003 still touched after recompute
Ah yes, I try using SketchObjectPython in that modelling, no need the module if editing the model is not required.
Module at https://github.com/paullee0/FreeCAD_SketchArch
wandererfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:05 pm Aside from that, the actual problem is that 1F does not return any Svg when requested. GF returns a whole bunch of Svg.
I suspected there is an object or a few of them that is / are not accepted and break the process, but there is no error in the report view ...
Last edited by paullee on Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:05 pm ...If ArchView is supposed to accept objects other than ArchSection, we will have to change that check...
yorik wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:21 pm ...
Another big change, is that BuildingParts now have a built-in, implicit section plane. That section plane is always parallel to the BuildingPart's base plane, but you can specify the offset between them. So now all tools that work with a section plane, such as Draft Shape2DView and TechDraw ArchView also work with BuildingParts. Showing a plan view in TechDraw is now pretty easy: Create your level model, create a TechDraw page, add your plan to it with the ArchView button.
The Arch_BuildingPart automagically includes an Arch_SectionPlane. So, I think TechDraw only needs to accept two objects at the moment, either a true section plane, or an Arch_BuildingPart. Arch_Floors and Arch_Buildings should also be accepted since they are BuildingPart instances.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Yorik's info should be included in the wiki :)
paullee
Veteran

Re: [ Bug ? Resolved ] TechDraw ArchView fails on some BuildingPart

Post by paullee »

Found I did not fully understand how BuildingPart works - Need to set its Placement to the level to cut the floor, it was at 0,0,0 so didn't cut the objects ... Hmmm... may need to do something make it automatic :)

But found another 'bug'... probably in another post :D

Objects at 0,0,3300 but BuildingPart at 0,0,0
- So its section plane / ArchView does not cut at right level
- BuildingPart for 1F cut objects at BuildingPart for GF :lol:
Screenshot from 2020-02-22 07-31-44.png
Screenshot from 2020-02-22 07-31-44.png (238.8 KiB) Viewed 417 times