[SOLVED]0.19pre, DAE export mesher Mefisto halt FreeCAD

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
fc_tofu

[SOLVED]0.19pre, DAE export mesher Mefisto halt FreeCAD

Post by fc_tofu »

Version: FreeCAD_0.19.19697_x64_Conda_Py3QT5-WinVS2015

Reproduce:
- Preferences >Import-Export >DAE >Export options >Mesher=Mefisto
- Menu >File>Export >Collada (.dae)
- FreeCAD halt, export fail
ps.
other 2 options, Builtin/Netgen work well.
fsc_2020-02-27_214423.jpg
fsc_2020-02-27_214423.jpg (123.72 KiB) Viewed 401 times
fc019pre_mesher_test.FCStd
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Last edited by fc_tofu on Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syres
Veteran

Re: [BUG?] 0.19pre, DAE export mesher Mefisto halt FreeCAD

Post by Syres »

Not sure whether the specific mesher is a factor but nevertheless you need to create a folder called resources under src\\bin\Lib\site-packages\collada and add the two files as per https://github.com/pycollada/pycollada/ ... /resources

This bug started since the folder lxml was added under src\bin\Lib\site-packages I initially just renamed this folder to lxml_old to prove that the ImportDAE.py was being affected by it's existence and then put it back when confirmed. I assume it's used by something else and it wasn't noted that collada would look it up and cross reference the missing resource files.
sgrogan wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:28 pm Could the resources folder and two xml files please be added to the packaging of collada somehow?
fc_tofu

Re: [BUG?] 0.19pre, DAE export mesher Mefisto halt FreeCAD

Post by fc_tofu »

Syres wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:48 pm Not sure whether the specific mesher is a factor but nevertheless you need to create a folder called resources under src\\bin\Lib\site-packages\collada and add the two files as per https://github.com/pycollada/pycollada/ ... /resources

This bug started since the folder lxml was added under src\bin\Lib\site-packages I initially just renamed this folder to lxml_old to prove that the ImportDAE.py was being affected by it's existence and then put it back when confirmed. I assume it's used by something else and it wasn't noted that collada would look it up and cross reference the missing resource files.
sgrogan wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:28 pm Could the resources folder and two xml files please be added to the packaging of collada somehow?
Thank you, your workaround worked on my machine.

To supplement my first post,
1. only "Mefisto" option causes fail, but other 2 options "Builtin/Netgen" work well.
2. after successful export mefisto dae, I deleted the 2 .xml files, delete all "__pycache__" dirs, clear FreeCAD roaming dir, and restart computer. Try export mefisto dae again, this time export also worked well.

From now, it seems not a bug. Quite strange. If somebody have insterest, give this a test.