GSoC Proposal: Extended functionality of Rebar Addon

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
bernd

Re: GSoC Proposal: Extended functionality of Rebar Addon

Postby bernd » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:16 pm

amrit3701 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:53 am
Suraj Dadral wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:57 pm
BTW, I submitted the draft proposal in BRL-CAD organisation by applying FreeCAD tag. And same can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oFw ... sp=sharing
The proposal looks good.

I suggest you to also add some visuals for showing how the dialog box looks like, what is the workflow from the initial point to end result. These visuals will be very helpful during the GSoC period.
looks good to me too. Have a look at my last post about the mark number.
Suraj Dadral

Postby Suraj Dadral » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:23 pm

bernd wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:12 pm
Both list have something very important we do not have ATM in FreeCAD rebar. A number for the shape. It is called mark in the one from hardeeprai and Position in my one. We need to introduce this number. Very important! It should be possible to fully automate the process to get the numbers as well as to fully make the process manually by the user. We widely use both, automated numbers and manually given numbers.
Also added that one. Thanks for pointing out. :)

I think, we can add a new parameter to store unique number for shape ViewObject of rebar as:

Code: Select all

rebar.ViewObject.addProperty("App::PropertyInteger", "RebarShapeCode", "RebarDialog", QT_TRANSLATE_NOOP("App::Property","Code for shape of rebar")).RebarShapeCode = <unique_number_for_shape>
rebar.ViewObject.setEditorMode("RebarShapeCode", 2) 		# 2 for hidden field
Or we can have configuration file in rebar addon, which will map rebar shape to a unique number.

Or something else.

What is your opinion @all?

Thanks,
Bance

Postby Bance » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:29 pm

There are standard shapecodes but specials would be needed also... can't remember if standard code allows for this or not.
Sorry long time since I've been on site!
https://rebar.co.uk/bs8666-shape-codes/

HTH Steve

EDIT Specials are shape code99 8-)
bernd

Postby bernd » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:00 pm

rebar mark and rebar shape code are two different numbers !!!

Two equal rebar shapes with different rebar diameter for sure needs different mark numbers.

The rebar mark is a number which has to be unique in one rebar shape cut list. This is the number on the drawing to indentify the rebar. On the building site the worker takes all rebars of mark X from the delivered real rebars. Than he looks at the rebar drawing or may be on the rebar BIM modell, searches for that number and than knows where to put these rebars.

Normally each unique rebar shape on a shape cut list gets his mark number but sometimes two equal rebar shapes get different mark numbers.

Hopefulle could get you the point of this mark number.

cheers bernd

We should have some simple example rebar modell. To be honest I like the example I posted here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 61#p135030 This is how it is in Switzerland. The drawing and rebar cut list was made with Allplan. We may should create this in FreeCAD as some standard rebar example ?!?
Suraj Dadral

Postby Suraj Dadral » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:56 am

Bance wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:29 pm
There are standard shapecodes but specials would be needed also... can't remember if standard code allows for this or not.
Sorry long time since I've been on site!
https://rebar.co.uk/bs8666-shape-codes/

HTH Steve

EDIT Specials are shape code99 8-)
Thanks @Bance,
This is really helpful.
Suraj Dadral

Postby Suraj Dadral » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:46 am

bernd wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:00 pm
rebar mark and rebar shape code are two different numbers !!!

Two equal rebar shapes with different rebar diameter for sure needs different mark numbers.
Now things are more clear. You were discussing to implement mark.
BTW, is there any need to implement bar shape code?
bernd wrote:
The rebar mark is a number which has to be unique in one rebar shape cut list.

This is the number on the drawing to indentify the rebar. On the building site the worker takes all rebars of mark X from the delivered real rebars. Than he looks at the rebar drawing or may be on the rebar BIM modell, searches for that number and than knows where to put these rebars.
That means we need to store mark in model also?
Then to implement above:
1. We can add new property in base rebar object to store mark. This needs to change something at base of rebar implementation.
2. When user create bar shape cut list, bar bending schedule or drawing of reinforcement, then we will first check if unique mark is assigned to all rebar objects to be included in bar shape cut list, bar bending schedule or drawing. And assign unique mark to each set of rebars with same properties.
3. Then user will be presented with a dialog box to edit mark if he wish to do so.
In this method, user can create bar shape cut list, bar bending schedule and drawing of reinforcement separately.

Another approach may be that we don't store mark in model.
And we will create bar shape cut list, bar bending schedule and drawing of reinforcement in single step to ensure same mark is assigned to same set of rebars in bar shape cut list, bar bending schedule and drawing.

Please check which approach better fits in workflow or something else?
bernd wrote:
Normally each unique rebar shape on a shape cut list gets his mark number but sometimes two equal rebar shapes get different mark numbers.
Mark number may be different for same rebar shape due to different properties like different diameters etc.?
bernd wrote:
Hopefulle could get you the point of this mark number.
Please verify from above discussed points.
bernd wrote:
We should have some simple example rebar modell. To be honest I like the example I posted here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 61#p135030 This is how it is in Switzerland. The drawing and rebar cut list was made with Allplan. We may should create this in FreeCAD as some standard rebar example ?!?
I also liked the one you shared.
I kept that files for reference at every step.

Thanks,
Suraj Dadral

Postby Suraj Dadral » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:36 am

Here are workflows for creating BOM and bar shape cut list, by also taking into consideration the mark number:

Workflow for BOM:
CreateBOMWorkflow3.png
CreateBOMWorkflow3.png (65.05 KiB) Viewed 770 times

Workflow for bar shape cut list:
CreateBarShapeCutListWorkflow3.png
CreateBarShapeCutListWorkflow3.png (69.62 KiB) Viewed 770 times

Edit: Workflow for bar bending schedule:
CreateBarBendingScheduleWorkflow.png
CreateBarBendingScheduleWorkflow.png (85.87 KiB) Viewed 737 times

Please review and give your suggestions.

Thanks,
bernd

Postby bernd » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:39 pm

the graphics are great.

But. At work sometime we let the CAD assign all mark numbers, but sometime we do use manual given mark numbers. Thus we give the marknumbe when we create the rebar, Not afterwards as in all your graphics.

Means the mark number should be a property of the rebar shape. As said I have some code working allready which takes this into account. The rebar class is splitted into two classes, the rebar shpape whith its unique mark number and the distribution of this mark (rebar shape) in the modell. We need to somehow merge this into existing FreeCAD rebar code and keep compatibility with all the great gui tools you guys did in former GSoC. There are lot of German comments in the code. I need to get rid of them first. Will de this this week.

cheers bernd
Suraj Dadral

Postby Suraj Dadral » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:56 pm

bernd wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:39 pm
the graphics are great.

But. At work sometime we let the CAD assign all mark numbers, but sometime we do use manual given mark numbers. Thus we give the marknumbe when we create the rebar, Not afterwards as in all your graphics.

Means the mark number should be a property of the rebar shape. As said I have some code working allready which takes this into account. The rebar class is splitted into two classes, the rebar shpape whith its unique mark number and the distribution of this mark (rebar shape) in the modell. We need to somehow merge this into existing FreeCAD rebar code and keep compatibility with all the great gui tools you guys did in former GSoC. There are lot of German comments in the code. I need to get rid of them first. Will de this this week.

cheers bernd
That's great.
Then I will add this reference into proposal and modify graphics accordingly.
Do I include this into timeline in GSoC proposal as I think I will complete its integration into current rebar code before start of GSoC coding period?

One doubt: We will also ask user if he wants to assign mark manually while creating bar shape cut list, bar bending schedule and drawing?
And if user chooses to do so, then we will also store mark number in model or modify only for present bar shape cut list, bar bending schedule and drawing? Or we can also make it flexible i.e. user can either store it back to model or not.

Thanks,
bernd

Postby bernd » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:28 pm

The mark will be created automaticlly a new rebar is instanciated. If this exact rebar shape is somewhere (in the group of rebars created for a specific rebar cut list) the mark will be taken from there. If the user does not want it he can imediately overwrites it, or later overwrites it.