A few times I stated the FreeCAD rebar base code should be improved. IMHO the rebar class should be split in two classes:
- the rebar shape marked by a mark number
- the disribution of this rebar shape in the model
- may be more than one distribution
- means in tree view there will be two objects too. The distributions are childs of the marked rebar shape
- for the user it should be possible to create those two separate, thus separate class
- There are use cases where this is not needed, like most existing FreeCAD rebar tools and the rebar add-ond from GSoC. They should automaticly create these both objects with one tool instead of one object ATM. The idea is to let this happen inside the current module. Means the existing add ons does not need to be changed. But this needs to be disscussed.
- see readme in the repository
- ATM it is a standard FreeCAD AddOn. Thus it is easy to give it a try.
- since I am lazy I wrote a importer which creates the above objects for reinforcement ifc exported from Allplan.
- four ifc attached in the code
- Furthermore code to copy to create the objects by Python and code to import the example files:
https://github.com/berndhahnebach/rebar ... t_rebar.py
Still two objects but they where renamed here https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 10#p384310
- base rebar is the base reinforcement bar (rebar=reinforcement bar) object.
- reinforcement will be made from a base rebar and places the base rebars to make some path reinforcement.