Support for ArchEquipment are added in post below
Concept of Intuitive Placement in Arch : Placement of Windows/Doors should be like -
- 'placing at this end of wall / corner of the room;
- by an offset of x mm, at y mm height Along the wall (edge) of the room'
- and it stick with this position no matter how the layout of the room / wall segment is edited subsequently.
(and probably similarly for other Arch Objects - e.g. a WaterCloset along that wall, offsetting from end of wall by say 800mm)
Discussion about Links of Window not creating hole here
- SketchArch WB in https://github.com/paullee0/FreeCAD_SketchArch
- Add a new Window/Door by clicking the Window Button
- Made sure no Draft Snap is effective
- Just input 0,0,0 in the Global x,y,z, and [Enter] to create the Window/Door
- Find Hosts in Windows ComboView Data Tab
- Click [...] and find a Wall object would attach to and create opening
- The Window placed itself along the starting end of 1st Wall Segment
- Enter   .. in Master Sketch Subelement to make it slign to nth Wall Segment
- Enter the offset distance from the end in Master Sketch Subelement Offset
- Enter the height of Window in position-z in Attachment Offset Xyz and Rotation
- Edit the Wall base Sketch, the Wall shape changes, so do the positions of the Windows (Links of Windows)
Work In Progress / Desirable Workflow
- Renaming Attributes e.g. Master Sketch Subelement to probably Edge or Segment, Attach To Objects - Hosts, etc.
- Currently the underlying Sketch of Window needs to be at 0,0,0 and upright to make this works
- So as highlighted in about pint 2 and 3, do not use snap to a wall. If one move cursor to a Wall with Snap on, the underlying Sketch of Window would align with the Wall face, and the placement would not be correct.
- Hope the GUI can be modified to make it compatible