[ Comments Request /PR ] Intuitive Automatic Windows/Doors + Equipment Placement

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Pauvres_honteux

Re: [ Comments Request ] Intuitive Automatic Windows/Doors + Equipment Placement

Post by Pauvres_honteux »

paullee wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:29 am ... anyone would like to help testing?
What should we look for in "Add-on manager"?
And then, exactly where do we find (and replace) these files:

ArchSketchObject.py
ArchEquipment.py
ArchWindow.py

Please answer us specifically (search paths) per OS.
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: fb8b21ec43dca706a4aa2d63d59a4fb79f050369
Python version: 3.9.4
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.5.2

Re: [ Comments Request ] Intuitive Automatic Windows/Doors + Equipment Placement

Post by balrobs »

paullee wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:29 am Planning to push commit to enable 'kind of toponaming-tolerant' feature
First cleaning up before further works, anyone would like to help testing? Thanks :)
Hey @paullee,

I'm very happy to see that your workbench is progressing.
Of course I will give it a try and report back here :D

Kind regards
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Pauvres_honteux wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:29 am What should we look for in "Add-on manager"?
And then, exactly where do we find (and replace) these files:

ArchSketchObject.py
ArchEquipment.py
ArchWindow.py
Thanks checking :)

The instruction in above post assume peoples read through the thread, so installation procedures with more details is set out below:-

Installing SketchArch WB
  1. SketchArch WB is in https://github.com/paullee0/FreeCAD_SketchArch
  2. Manual Installation is required, it has not been added to the Add-on Manager yet
  3. Download all files in github (not only the ArchSketchObject.py which is attached in above post)
  4. Follow FreeCAD wiki on manual installation, a link is provided https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Installing_more_workbenches
Other Updated Arch Objects python files
  1. ArchEquipment.py, ArchWindows.py are updated and attached in above post
  2. Find /Mod/Arch in your installation
  3. Backup the original ArchEquipment.py, ArchWindows.py
  4. Download the update ArchEquipment.py, ArchWindows.py in above post and save in the /usr/Mod/Arch directory
Finally, restart your FreeCAD, and you should find SketchArch in your WorkBench drop down list.

Good luck :D
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

balrobs wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:47 pm I'm very happy to see that your workbench is progressing.
Of course I will give it a try and report back here :D

p.s. BTW, glad to see you are improving codes in IFC (IFCexport ?)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Should we add sketcharch to the Addon Manager as experimental?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:12 am Should we add sketcharch to the Addon Manager as experimental?
Thanks for the suggestion. I am probably far from understanding how and the pre-requisite this could be done.

Any documemts handy to see if my current experimemt qualify in the first place ? :)
Pauvres_honteux

Post by Pauvres_honteux »

paullee wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:49 pm Good luck :D
Oh, I thought you put in the Add-on manager.
Hmm, that creates an obstacle for me...
Sorry to say, but for this time, I'm not the bringer of testing powers as things are now.

But you got the principle and that's what counts!

Jolly good sir!
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:12 am Should we add sketcharch to the Addon Manager as experimental?
I totally agree: this will be very very helpful to try it (SketchArch) more quickly and on a large scale.
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

paullee wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:25 am Any documemts handy to see if my current experimemt qualify in the first place ? :)
Just fix up the README.md explaining that this is still experimental and some usage instructions. That should be enough. Are there 3rd party dependencies that need to be installed as well?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm Just fix up the README.md explaining that this is still experimental and some usage instructions. That should be enough. Are there 3rd party dependencies that need to be installed as well?
Thanks, would update the README then. No 3rd party dependencies, just basic usage of python :)