New all-in-one Draft styling button

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

New all-in-one Draft styling button

Post by yorik »

With git commit 88f5fc20b1 the color, face color, line width and text width buttons on the Draft toolbar have now been condensed into one single button, which opens a task panel when pressed (like the Working Plane button). This gives us way more options and cleaner code, and the user doesn't need to go to the preferences so often... Tell me what you think!
Screenshot from 2020-11-10 14-18-26.png
Screenshot from 2020-11-10 14-18-26.png (101.08 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
regis

Re: New all-in-one Draft styling button

Post by regis »

yorik wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:19 pm With git commit 88f5fc20b1 the color, face color, line width and text width buttons on the Draft toolbar have now been condensed into one single button, which opens a task panel when pressed (like the Working Plane button). This gives us way more options and cleaner code, and the user doesn't need to go to the preferences so often... Tell me what you think!

Screenshot from 2020-11-10 14-18-26.png
I think that's the way to go, the preference was becomming to cumbersome to always go there to change things, with this, with one change you are set to go. Thanks a bunch.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

regis wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:31 pm I think that's the way to go, the preference was becomming to cumbersome to always go there to change things, with this, with one change you are set to go. Thanks a bunch.
It is always good to have users feedback on the workflow, especially those like you have built a numbers of models using FC :D
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

regis wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:31 pm I think that's the way to go, the preference was becomming to cumbersome to always go there to change things
Yes, that's my opinion too. More and more, we should go for tools that remember their settings, and you don't need to go to the preferences screen anymore.

There is really a lot of the preferences that can be treated like that... That could be a huge help to lower the learning curve
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

Great work!
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

regis

Post by regis »

paullee wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:14 pm
regis wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:31 pm I think that's the way to go, the preference was becomming to cumbersome to always go there to change things, with this, with one change you are set to go. Thanks a bunch.
It is always good to have users feedback on the workflow, especially those like you have built a numbers of models using FC :D
:D Indeed I hear you, but i like doing such when i have a main rewarding project to invest on. Currently i'm looking for a potential project that can be done in freecad. Once i get it, i won't mind laying out all my workflow you can be sure of that.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

yorik wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:19 pm With git commit 88f5fc20b1 the color, face color, line width and text width buttons on the Draft toolbar have now been condensed into one single button, which opens a task panel when pressed (like the Working Plane button).
Morning @yorik, could you please let me know if my suggested fix to a regression is correct or another one of my bodges, see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 61#p448515

Thanks
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

regis wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:50 am
paullee wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:14 pm It is always good to have users feedback on the workflow, especially those like you have built a numbers of models using FC :D
:D Indeed I hear you, but i like doing such when i have a main rewarding project to invest on. Currently i'm looking for a potential project that can be done in freecad. Once i get it, i won't mind laying out all my workflow you can be sure of that.
Look forward to your new models :D
MaurinoWeb

Post by MaurinoWeb »

Great!
Thanks