Makeblocks not working

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
elsordo

Re: Makeblocks not working

Post by elsordo »

Roy_043 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:34 pm You are not providing new information. Just compare Paullee's screenshot.
Have you tried the proposed workaround?
As Paullee suggested, I gave it a non-zero joint. Specifically, I set the block size to 7+5/8" high, 1' 3+5/8" long and a wall height of 4' 8" (56") with a joint of 3/8". Stand block dimensions for the US.

FreeCAD managed to compute a block count without throwing an error. However the numbers were wrong. It showed Count Broken of 14 and Count Entire 14. The correct numbers are Count Broken 7 and Count Entire 21.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

You have misunderstood the workaround I proposed:
Attachments
wall-height-expression.png
wall-height-expression.png (14.81 KiB) Viewed 605 times
elsordo

Post by elsordo »

Roy_043,

That workaround did the trick. As you surmised, I did not understand that you wanted me to use the Formula Editor for setting the wall height property.

I went back to my original model and used the formula editor to set the wall height while keeping the zero value for "Joint" and the block counts for the wall (that I tested) are correct. Now I need to go through all of the model to fix this.

However, this begs the question. Why does setting the wall height value using the Formula Editor differ from using the default property editor?

-David
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

elsordo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:56 am Why does setting the wall height value using the Formula Editor differ from using the default property editor?
I do not know exactly. The formula editor seems to do exactly what you enter, whereas the Property editor seems to interpret the input.