line length adjustment

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wisenwild

line length adjustment

Post by wisenwild »

Hello,
I'm using 0.13.1828 on windows 7 32 bits (last stable)

I discovered that the snap functionality only work well with draft items. It doesn't work well for sketches or arch object (well it seems to work for structure objects but definitely not for wall objects). So I've decided to convert my sketches to draft lines and start all over again so I can snap these object and continue efficiently (with skectches I had to calculate manually every object position again and again).

Then I bang in a very simple task: adjusting line length.
As I said I converted sketches lines to draft lines so I could use the draft tool "adjust".
But it refuses to do the job. If I quickly draw 2 lines, the adjust tool will work just fine but on my 2 lines it does'nt.
To the extent of my knowledge both of these lines are in the same plane so I'm puzzled...

Here is my file:
adjust_lines.FCStd
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Any help appreciated. After hours of trying I'm still on the start line...
rockn
Veteran

Re: line length adjustment

Post by rockn »

To snap Arch object you need to hold press the ctrl key.
Formations - Assistance - Développement : https://freecad-france.com
yorik
Founder

Re: line length adjustment

Post by yorik »

I made this behaviour for arch objects because most of the time you want to snap to the baseline of a wall, not to its points. But I could add an option to disable that (make Arch objects snap like any other)

As for your lines, I suppose you mean the "trim-ex" tool? It works ok for me.... just select one ofthe lines, press the trimex button, and hover on the other line until you snap to it, then repeat the operation for the other line...

Normally snapping works with sketches too... But not when editing the sketch of course.