Can I reverse a wire, or extrude a structure on the back of face

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Can I reverse a wire, or extrude a structure on the back of face

Post by Kunda1 »

Thank you!
git commit 3352ebf

Can someone add it to the Release_notes_0.20 page?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

matthijskooijman wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:05 pm Yay, the PR was merged. Thanks @carlopav, for all your effort. Now I can reverse my wires nicely ;-D
Thanks to you @matthijskooijman, you help was really precious and I learned a bunch of new things :-)
So, anything else you want to attack in this co-op mode? :-)
Yeah, actually a lot of things! The problem Is that I lack at the moment some spare time, cause we are really overwhelmed by work...
Even so, i have 2 main concerns:
1. id really like to have an output for the experiment on the BIM tools i was carrying on last year... I really believe they could improve a lot the workflow... But still they need a lot of work and probably i should give up to some parts if se want to integrate them in Arch.
2. Producing 2d documentation of an architectural model is still not as easy as I Wish. There was the idea with yorik to setup a workbench similar to Path where we dont need to represent every annotation as a document object, allowing to have a lot of lightweight dumb lines, dimensions, comments over a lot of model views, right in the 3d view. Using techdraw Just for final output. Also realthunder seemed to have a similar idea, and he already started working on a new renderer that can represent section fillings for example. https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 92#p506962

Probably those tasks are really over my possibilities... But let's see... Do you have some advices also on what you want to attach?
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:11 pm Can someone add it to the Release_notes_0.20 page?
Done!
matthijskooijman

Post by matthijskooijman »

carlopav wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:10 am Probably those tasks are really over my possibilities... But let's see... Do you have some advices also on what you want to attach?
Both things you mention are interesting to me, but indeed, they are quite big things. I was thinking more about some other bit of Python code we could simplify/clean up and make nicer. But you tagged me in https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3716 suggesting we look at that, so let's start there (might take me a while to find some time, though).
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

matthijskooijman wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:33 pm I was thinking more about some other bit of Python code we could simplify/clean up and make nicer. But you tagged me in https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/3716 suggesting we look at that, so let's start there (might take me a while to find some time, though).
That would be also good, so if it happens to you to step into something you think it is worth investing some low labor, you can consider I'm here!
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Three remarks:

IMO opinion it would make sense to also add the 'Close (wire/spline/curve)' option to the edge context menu. And remove that button from the task panel. The button now is also shown for Draft_Circles, where it makes no sense, and Draft_Arcs, where it can make sense, but does not work.

Regarding the order of the context menus:

Draft_BezCurve node context menu:
make sharp
make tangent
make symmetric
delete point

Point option last.

Draft_Wire edge context menu:
add point
reverse wire

Point option First.

Other context menus use sentence case (f.e. Mesh_AddFacet). IMO it should also be used for the Draft_Edit context menus.