The BIM Framework and FreeCad (FC)

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: The BIM Framework and FreeCad (FC)

Post by Kunda1 »

+1
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
matthijskooijman

Post by matthijskooijman »

Looks nice! (though I didn't read in too much detail yet). However, I'm interested to see how you set up your 2D drawing generation in the Vila Matilde house, would you consider sharing the FCstd file for that?
leobin0

Post by leobin0 »

is picture taked by phone work well in this way ? little size picture.
my english is not well. :D
F_Rosa

Post by F_Rosa »

Here are the BIM Templates. Each of them has a "read me" with instructions, I hope you enjoy and leave your comments here.

About Vila Matilde house, I intend to leave a step by step of this case in the Users Showcase soon.
Attachments
BIM_#_Name_project_Templates.zip
BIM-Templates
(104.74 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

F_Rosa wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:54 pm Here are the BIM Templates. Each of them has a "read me" with instructions, I hope you enjoy and leave your comments here.

About Vila Matilde house, I intend to leave a step by step of this case in the Users Showcase soon.
Thanks ! Yet to understand the file setup and the workflow explained :)

And look forward to more information about the Vila Matilde house.

Any maybe more idea how to tackle LoD in the modelling, workflow, and documentation ? :D
F_Rosa

Post by F_Rosa »

Well observed, I think the LoD depends and must be defined for each of the 5 steps (figure 01) and must take into account the type of work and local technical standards, especially the documentation.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

F_Rosa wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:58 pm Well observed, I think the LoD depends and must be defined for each of the 5 steps (figure 01) and must take into account the type of work and local technical standards, especially the documentation.
So you are expecting e.g. at detailed design or construction drawings documentation stage, every part of the model should be developed .up to certain LoD right?

For sake of discussion, a brick/block wall, it could be well reppresented by 2 lines on 2d, or a simple volume in 3d, at initial stage.

Then, would you model every single brick.block in the BIM model in next stage, which make the file big and slow to edit.

Or any referencing / Link could help ?

Thanks for any idea.
F_Rosa

Post by F_Rosa »

Look, this is all still very theoretical, practice will show us the best way. But in reality, I think it would be similar to what is already being practiced, with each phase of the project adding new elements of detail. In your example, the block wall would start as a simple volume and then have several layers of finishes. In this case, it would be possible to create a new file linked to the architecture with the subject "masonry", for example, which is common in traditional practice. In this way, the entire project gains complexity but is divided into several small linked files, where it is possible to focus on specific problems in an integrated way and in real time. The big difference is that we are now working with the BIM concept. Ok?
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Thanks for the idea. May try this workflow to see how it works :)
F_Rosa

Post by F_Rosa »

paullee, you're welcome!

As I had commented, I just have posted about the assembly of the linked files of the Vila Matilde House in:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=60050

matthijskooijman, I hope the issue of drawings is cleared up. Any further questions and suggestions, tell me please.