Arch Roof - development limitation

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Palmtree

Arch Roof - development limitation

Post by Palmtree »

In the attached file. I have used Arch Roof (https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Arch_Roof) to produce a roof.
I am aware of the note in the Arch Roof documentation (Note: This tool is still in development, and might fail with very complex shapes).
The result was satisfactory except for some minor issues.
All ridges lines are correct as expected (dotted red lines, attached image). There are 4 areas/corners of the roof not right, FC did not trim them as expected (I have marked them with red cross, refer to attached image).

Am I missing something :?: or I reach the current development limitation (very complex shapes)? Please comment :!:
Attachments
New OpenDocument Drawing.jpg
New OpenDocument Drawing.jpg (127.9 KiB) Viewed 884 times
Model-R5.FCStd
(69.87 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: Arch Roof - development limitation

Post by Roy_043 »

The algorithm only compares adjacent roof panels, or, in the case of gables, panels attached to the same gable.
You can work around this by creating the roof in two parts. Bottom part: gutter to lower ridges, top part: lower ridges to top.
Palmtree

Re: Arch Roof - development limitation

Post by Palmtree »

Roy_043 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:10 pm The algorithm only compares adjacent roof panels, or, in the case of gables, panels attached to the same gable.
You can work around this by creating the roof in two parts. Bottom part: gutter to lower ridges, top part: lower ridges to top.
I was able to reach your other posts (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... =4&t=51382). It is very helpful. I will keep searching to learn more. I am still trying/learning how to get around it. Thanks