Preset Windows

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
YAG

Preset Windows

Post by YAG »

Hi everyone,

I am working on placing windows/doors using BIM workbench (preset windows/doors). All the dimensions and parameters can be changed; but, is there a way to reset all dimensions and parameters to their original values?

The problem I encounter is that once you change a value, this change is kept when you want to add another window. It is not a problem until you changed something by accident that creates an error (without being able to make the link between what you change and the actual error )

My thinking: if there was a reset button of all dimensions and parameters, it would suffice to move forward with the design.

Errors I encountered:
inner and outer frame are not aligned / an opening with no frame and no glass window / windows are created properly on one set of walls sharing the same working plane but does not on walls on a different plane ( i did change the working plane against the new wall and snap to plane was ON),
or "<class 'IndexError'>: list index out of range",

Another weird thing, as I mentioned, the values you change are recorded (whether you close and reopen the file, whether you restart freecad, whether you open a new file, ) .... except one dimension ! => the height remains at 6'10" 5/8" despite I kept changing it back to 7' .

Cheers
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Preset Windows

Post by chrisb »

Moved to Arch forum.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

YAG wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:43 pm
I don't know a reset button. I would write a start script for freecad which, among other things, would copy the configuration files with the desired settings including the basic settings arch to the original location.
then a reset is generated by restarting.
you can also do it manually without script, if e.g. should only be reset now and then.
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
mikeprice99

Post by mikeprice99 »

Seems to me the solution to this would be to have saveable door/window styles. You save the style you like, make changes for other doors or windows then load the original style again.