Problem with Substraction ArchComponents

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Problem with Substraction ArchComponents

Post by yorik »

Okay, I did the change, now when you select a structural object and one or more axes systems, and press the Structure button (like before), the resulting object is now a separate "StructuralSystem" object. The only difference, actually, is that both (the original structure and the structural system) can have their own set of additions/subtractions, so you have complete control over what must be added/subtracted and when.

git commit 08d2121
rockn
Veteran

Re: Problem with Substraction ArchComponents

Post by rockn »

yorik wrote:Yes I noticed that too....step export breaks compound objects into single solids. It's useful, actually. The Draft downgrade tool could be adapted to do that too...

*EDIT* Done - git commit ebb921d
Awesome !
yorik wrote:Okay, I did the change, now when you select a structural object and one or more axes systems, and press the Structure button (like before), the resulting object is now a separate "StructuralSystem" object. The only difference, actually, is that both (the original structure and the structural system) can have their own set of additions/subtractions, so you have complete control over what must be added/subtracted and when.

git commit 08d2121
And Awesome !
Formations - Assistance - Développement : https://freecad-france.com