Translating Arch

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bernd
Veteran

Translating Arch

Post by bernd »

I'm on the way of translating the last strings from Arch into German. I should not import so many modells using ifc and instead using FreeCAD to create them. Translating would be pretty much easier. :o :shock:

@Yorik: Could you give me some hints where inside the FreeCAD Gui do I find the following strings:

- Armatures
- Armatures contained in this element
- StructuralSystem
- an optional volume to be subtracted from hosts of this window
- The structural nodes of this element

Have you got an example FreeCAD file to test the Arch MeshToShape Tool. I just would like to see what does the different preferences of Mesh to Shape Conversation do?
yorik
Founder

Re: Translating Arch

Post by yorik »

Armatures is a property of Structural elements, that holds, at the moment, only Rebars. In the future you could think of different kinds of armatures, so I made it a bit more generic. Actually I wonder if it shouldn't be called "reinforcement" instead...

StructuralSystem is a default name given to the structural system objects, that are created when you select an axis and a structural object.

The optional volume to be subtracted is this: when you insert a window into a wall, a default subtraction volume is calculated from the outer size of the window, that is then subtracted from the host wall. But windows have an extra property that allow you to set a custom object as the subtraction volume. This is the description string of that property.

The structural nodes are the nodes system we've started to implement some time ago, to be exported - one day- to pybar.

FYI it's quite easy to find a string in the source code:

Code: Select all

grep -r "The structural nodes of this element" src/Mod/
For the MeshToShape stuff, I don't have anything at hand right now, I think, but any model found on the sketchup 3d warehouse will do, just export it as collada from sketchup... But mesh to shape conversion is a tricky business... Even with totally impeccable, clean, solid, non-manifold meshes, sometimes it doesn't work completely well...
bernd
Veteran

Re: Translating Arch

Post by bernd »

yorik wrote:Armatures is a property of Structural elements, that holds, at the moment, only Rebars. In the future you could think of different kinds of armatures, so I made it a bit more generic. Actually I wonder if it shouldn't be called "reinforcement" instead....
Armatures fits perfectlly well since there could be lots of other Armatures inside concrete which I would not call Reinforcement. Attached some examples in german but there are pictures.
http://www.aschwanden.com/de/produkte.29.html
http://ch-de.ancotech.com/produkt-kateg ... den-beton/

Thanks for all the other hints it helps too for translating the Arch wiki (Just die the stairs ...) Side by Side I'm gone check the Archtranslation of the gui. The translation system of the gui and the wiki are just so great and make translation a lot easier.