Edit/Placement Problem with Arch

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
rockn

Edit/Placement Problem with Arch

Postby rockn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:43 am

We already see that there is a problem with Edit/Placement for some Arch Object like Arch Section
There is the same sort of problem Axes System :

Create an Arch Structure object
Create an Axis System for that object
Select Axis system, Edit/Placement, rotate 90° along Z axis, valid.
> The Axis rotate to 180° along z axis, but his Placement properties is 90° along Z axis. The Structural system associated rotate to 90°, but that say it don't follow the Axis system.
> And Undo, place the axis to 90° along Z axis, but his Placement properties is 0° along Z axis. The Structural system associated return to 0°, but that also say it don't follow the Axis system.

Same with an Arch Structure if it is the children of an Axes system, but only if the Axe system have already a placement different from the origin...
Create an Arch Structure object
Create an Axis System for that object
Rotate "manually" the axe system, like 30° along Z axis
Now Edit/Placement the children Arch Structure, like 30° along X axis and apply.
> The Axes system is impacted by the placement ...
> Structural system is impacted by the placement of children Arch object, but not by the Axis system displacement.
Formations et tutoriels FreeCAD en Français, soutenez moi : https://www.tipeee.com/formations-freecad
yorik
Site Admin

Re: Edit/Placement Problem with Arch

Postby yorik » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:30 am

rockn wrote:> The Axis rotate to 180° along z axis, but his Placement properties is 90° along Z axis. The Structural system associated rotate to 90°, but that say it don't follow the Axis system.
> And Undo, place the axis to 90° along Z axis, but his Placement properties is 0° along Z axis. The Structural system associated return to 0°, but that also say it don't follow the Axis system.
I have no problem rotating or moving the axis system, for me everything seems to work normally, and what appears in the placement property looks correct. What method did you use to rotate the axis?

For the rest for me everything seems coherent... You move the base object, all the copies are moved. You move the axis, the copies are moved too. Finally, you move the structural system itself, and the copies are moved too. I think that is what I would expect... But if you move the base structure, the axis is not impacted.

Or maybe I didn't understand correctly?
rockn

Postby rockn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:41 am

yorik wrote: I have no problem rotating or moving the axis system, for me everything seems to work normally, and what appears in the placement property looks correct. What method did you use to rotate the axis?
Really ?
Look what happen to me :
Starting from default Arch structure and default Axe System
AxisSystem00.png
AxisSystem00.png (60.78 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
Select Axe System, Edit/Placement, 90° along Z axis
RotateAxisSystem01.png
RotateAxisSystem01.png (50.64 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
Apply
AxisSystem02.png
AxisSystem02.png (58.84 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.15.4165 (Git)
Branch: master
Hash: 8d8c727ac57b93c2b61c1bd32450971b7a346ac9
Python version: 2.7.6
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.7.0
Formations et tutoriels FreeCAD en Français, soutenez moi : https://www.tipeee.com/formations-freecad
yorik
Site Admin

Postby yorik » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:38 pm

Ah okay.. The edit placement dialog... That is a known bug already: issue #1811
rockn

Postby rockn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Yeah, I know, but the ticket was specific to Arch Section and this post is to show that there is also problem with Axe System.
yorik
Site Admin

Postby yorik » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:58 pm

For some reason the only affected objects are those with no shape (Arch section plane and arch axis) based on App::FeaturePython... the other, Part-based objects (Part::FeaturePython) behave correctly. This might be because their placement is added from python, not built-in... I must really investigate this further