Sandblaster for dental technology

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
BoboPL

Sandblaster for dental technology

Post by BoboPL »

Hello everyone. I am new here. I'd like to share my first project with the freecad community.
I built the sandblaster from the body of an old submersible pump (stainless steel) found on a scrap yard. I got rid of the engine parts from the inside, cleaned and polished. Controlling the foot switch and the solenoid valve used in welding machines for feeding shielding gas. The siphon design allows the use of coarse and fine-grained materials. I carried out the tests with 50um and 250um electrocorundum. At the bottom of the tank, I used a 1/2 "ball valve to regulate the amount of material fed. 3D printing came to the rescue (a handle on the top for carrying, a clamp for attaching the pressure reducer and switch housing and electrical connections, a funnel for the bottom of the tank, a nut with a cable gland) I have designed the pen in such a way so as to place an M6 nut inside, into which the nozzle is screwed in. As a nozzle I used a contact tip designed for MIG welding machines. It is copper, so its service life cannot be compared with carbide nozzles, but it is very satisfactory, especially at a price of about PLN 2 / item (0.5euro). There is a brass filling plug at the top of the tank.

Sorry for my English. It's not good, but maybe it's understandable. :)

phpBB [video]
Attachments
IMG_6669.JPG
IMG_6669.JPG (247.25 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
IMG_6665.JPG
IMG_6665.JPG (497.51 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
IMG_6664.JPG
IMG_6664.JPG (337.4 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
IMG_1420.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG (493.66 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG (538.54 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
LHC

Re: Sandblaster for dental technology

Post by LHC »

I like your design ! As I understand it, it's for small detailed blasting and has a very small container for the media etc. I can see many uses in my workshop for such a contraption. The shiny metal and lots of pressure hoses connected up lend a very "tech" look to it that will surely impress people when they see it - at least it would impress the friends I have :lol:

Thanks for posting.
BoboPL

Re: Sandblaster for dental technology

Post by BoboPL »

Yes, it's for small detailed blasting in dental technology: for sandblasting metal castings from refractory masses, metal crowns and bridges before applying ceramic masses, acrylic masses before applying dyes and glazes.
Thanks for your comment and I'm glad you like it :)