Architecture work in FreeCAD

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
saso
Veteran

Re: Architecture work in FreeCAD

Post by saso »

regis wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:22 pm thnks thnks :D :lol: :D but I think we can credit your "Open Source Incremental Housing" and "A.I" inception.
the project is becoming a real 3d freecad BIM modelled project.
Well thanks, but it is you who has sit down and did the work :) There is still some way to go but if we manage to create an AI that will build houses I think a good name for it would be Residential Engineering and General Intelligence System ;)
regis

Post by regis »

saso wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 pm
regis wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:22 pm thnks thnks :D :lol: :D but I think we can credit your "Open Source Incremental Housing" and "A.I" inception.
the project is becoming a real 3d freecad BIM modelled project.
Well thanks, but it is you who has sit down and did the work :) There is still some way to go but if we manage to create an AI that will build houses I think a good name for it would be Residential Engineering and General Intelligence System ;)
Yeah sometimes I don't know what kind of creative mojo energy bugs me to the point I decide to crack the puzzle.

An A.I that will build houses, hmmm i don't know yet, from my understanding it will take alot of years to train those machines to the point of perfect architectural expression in the level of proffessional design. maybe 30years for that. However if we rethink the concept of human habitat, with new materials and technology optimisation, then A.I can design homes even within the next 5years if well trained. But this must be a new dramatic shift in the way we use, and create materials around us. It seems to me that our current methods are highly obsolete for our time, I mean they have been since we discovered house to live in space(since there is efficiency in the tech and science of living in space, everything must be well conserved since there are limited resources) okay a bit biased, not completely obsolete, there are innovations driven by financial scarcity, but i'm making a general point. Now the amazing good news about freecad, and the way I see it is that it is the perfect medium of communication between the creative proffessionals in engineering, 3d printing, architecture, i see other works in electrical engineering and Structural analysis. So it is a perfect platform that brings together all these fields much better that most applications that are too specialized in their industry. And this is just the technical world. If you want to extend freecad, just bring in a little bit of blender spice and you have entire world capabilities. So how do you speak to an a general intelligence A.I to tell it to build the world with all it's complexity? you need a platform where every proffessional can communicate and create in a language that is understood and supported. Freecad seems to be that little strange guy in the room with hidden supper powers. :lol: :D :lol: :D
I think between now and then the community will brainstorm many possible ideas and direction to go.
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

Some quite good arguments, my point was however different, read the acronym :)
saso wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 pm Residential Engineering and General Intelligence System
regis

Post by regis »

saso wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:53 am Some quite good arguments, my point was however different, read the acronym :)
saso wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 pm Residential Engineering and General Intelligence System
yeah i know, but i wanted to rant a bit about my thoughts. to initiate an interesting dialogue on the matter, and perhaps help organise some of these ideas into a concise vision since i'm still a bit scattered in my thoughts on the matter.
regis

Post by regis »

a bit more perhaps
Attachments
pic 03.png
pic 03.png (396.49 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for sharing.
May I ask what are those weird BSPline-like lines in the foreground?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
regis

Post by regis »

chrisb wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:55 pm Thanks for sharing.
May I ask what are those weird BSPline-like lines in the foreground?
An imported topological map I would think.
regis

Post by regis »

https://github.com/chopinregis/Elementa ... d?raw=true

Elemental - Quinta Monroy - 3D Modeling Phase 02 - XVIII - Speed Overview
https://youtu.be/hsEar4xMW0I

phpBB [video]
Attachments
pic 09.png
pic 09.png (322.32 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
pic 07.png
pic 07.png (855.26 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
pic 06.png
pic 06.png (426.29 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Great! This makes me think the clone object still has trouble to show the colors of its original shape...
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

yorik wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:58 pm Great! This makes me think the clone object still has trouble to show the colors of its original shape...
Yes, I can confirm that.
I posted a simple FC file failing clone colors to test it
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 59#p192559