Yakovlev Yak-3

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Re: Yakovlev Yak-3

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

Whow, great job! :D

For me it's fascinating to find and explore all these user programmed macro or workbenches.
There is so much stuff around Freecad. For a normal user, you never will find it. It's a must to spend time to read forum topics.
"Sweep profile on 2 rails" - please, please, please, Freecad developers, integrate such great tools into the Part-Design- or Surface Workbench.

Best regards
Wilfried
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

Wow, nice to see this technical application of curves and surfaces.
So the next task is to cut off the windows - padding, pocketing and sculpting :P
Chris_G
Veteran

Post by Chris_G »

freecad-heini-1 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:38 am For me it's fascinating to find and explore all these user programmed macro or workbenches.
There is so much stuff around Freecad. For a normal user, you never will find it. It's a must to spend time to read forum topics.
Hi,
In the case of my workbench, I am happy if it stays in the dark, as I have not enough skill, and not enough time, to make it go to a good, stable workbench. It is mainly a personal experiment at learning python coding and Nurbs geometry.
microelly2 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:39 am Wow, nice to see this technical application of curves and surfaces.
So the next task is to cut off the windows - padding, pocketing and sculpting :P
Well ... later :)
Next interesting step will be to generate the smooth blending surfaces at the wing / body intersection.
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

Chris_G wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:24 pm Next interesting step will be to generate the smooth blending surfaces at the wing / body intersection.
May be we find a fillet workaround :geek:
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

Chris_G wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:01 pm Good luck :lol:
Thank you very much :!: I will try this definitely in the next days.
BR, Howil
Thearod

Post by Thearod »

Great job on that one, Chris_G :) How did you come up with the idea on making a WW warbird?
I'd love seeing this in a livestream on picarto.tv someday. To me, as a beginner, watching others present their works in livestreams is a very helpful thing to do. And since picarto is labeled as a creative livestreaming platform seeing some people do their work on FreeCAD in a livestream would be pretty nice. They also have an event system where you can actually sell tickets, set the price and 'host' your own event (tutorials etc.) which is not too bad of an idea if you ask me.
Konstantin

Post by Konstantin »

Many years I've tried to make another Yak (actually it's prototype I-30) in many applications, fully detailed, but never finished it. And you did it so easy (at least in the picture)... I am getting envious.
Chris_G
Veteran

Post by Chris_G »

Konstantin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:20 pm Many years I've tried to make another Yak (actually it's prototype I-30) in many applications, fully detailed, but never finished it. And you did it so easy (at least in the picture)... I am getting envious.
This is just "quick and dirty" work. But not quick at all, and pretty much dirty :lol:
emills2

Post by emills2 »

Hey Chris, nice work.
Quick question (i hope). I just updated CurvesWB, and when i load your file, i don't see how to display surfaces, i only see point clouds. Is the final surface model as shown in your screenshot in the file itself?
Chris_G
Veteran

Post by Chris_G »

emills2 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:13 pm Hey Chris, nice work.
Quick question (i hope). I just updated CurvesWB, and when i load your file, i don't see how to display surfaces, i only see point clouds. Is the final surface model as shown in your screenshot in the file itself?
Hi Edward,
The file only contains the Sweep2Rails objects.
To get real surfaces, you'll need to approximate these objects with the approximate tool (5th icon in the toolbar).