SlopedPlanesMacro

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
damian

Re: SlopedPlanesMacro

Post by damian »

Hi:

I forgot to say that there is a little base data of figures which allow me to make modifications in order to include more cases without break other cases. Actually, it has approximately 50 figures, and every one with different stressful angles combination, making a total of 500 figures. The test application is 'half automatic'. ATM the test takes approx. 300 seconds (with four cores less than a second by figure).

The planning is to publish the base data and automatize completely the test, something like Travis.

Following with this work line, it's very important that:

- if you make a SlopedPlanes successfully post the file. It will be included in the base data. In this way, you guarantee that this case will be covered in next versions.

- if you make a SlopedPlanes no successfully post the file. Future versions could support it.

And yes @microelly2, the base data has a folder specific for roofs. And I'm imaging a scripted object (RoofRecognition) which starting from a sketch (or several) and a set of elevation data builds the roof. I'll do two or three tiny cases with very basic mathematics. Later it could become much more complicated ... but really I don't know how much.

Thank @kunda1
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

damian wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:20 am Thank @kunda1
You're welcome! Thank you!
This sounds amazing.
microelly2 wrote:poke
I'll ping @microelly2 since the @mention function is not actually implemented in phpbb :( (at least not yet)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
damian

Post by damian »

I need feedback from users cases.
It is not a good idea to continue the develop exclusively with my cases and solutions. My brain could lie to me.
The tool aspires to be width ...
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 pm
microelly2 wrote:poke
I'll ping @microelly2 since the @mention function is not actually implemented in phpbb :( (at least not yet)
I have not answered because I want first create a scene with hills and houses ,
at the moment I write the methods to get some simple bridges and tunnels, then the houses will be added (I hope this weekend).
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

damian wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:30 pm I need feedback from users cases.
It is not a good idea to continue the develop exclusively with my cases and solutions. My brain could lie to me.
The tool aspires to be width ...
Test data will come :)
For the first I have used it in my testworld,
bp_725.png
bp_725.png (221.22 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
next I read the openstreetmap data and run your script against them.
we will see what in real life happens. ;)
damian

Post by damian »

I never followed your posts about the topography.
The next months I'll study your work because I really think it's possible to do some decent projects.

The first attempt to migrate from extruding to sweep is successful, https://github.com/caceres/SlopedPlanesMacro/tree/sweep
At the same time, I'll repair the overhang option. I'm seeing in your previous photos that it's a key question.
Later it will be time to code the 'Roof Recognition Macro' (the first version in an evening, nothing complicated).
damian

Post by damian »

A link to the storehouse with the files used on develop https://github.com/caceres/SlopedPlanes ... aster/Test.
Travis installs FreeCAD and the macro, open the files and recompute one thousand figures in twelve minutes. Much more comfortable!
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

damian wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 pm A link to the storehouse with the files used on develop https://github.com/caceres/SlopedPlanes ... aster/Test.
Travis installs FreeCAD and the macro, open the files and recompute one thousand figures in twelve minutes. Much more comfortable!
Care to create a screencast showing the process? (pretty please)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
damian

Post by damian »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:41 pmscreencast
At the month end, with the beta version ...
damian

Post by damian »

Hi Community
The beta version has been launched

travis.png
travis.png (128.09 KiB) Viewed 2010 times