WIP Audiobox

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mrwusel

WIP Audiobox

Post by mrwusel »

Hi there,
the FreeCAD part of this project is rather simple but it is my first project done with it (before I was working only with commercial programs). I remade the setup multiple times because I learned about referencing and parametric design.

I wanted to have a moveable speaker which is able of multiroom audio and bluetooth a2dp. While the kitchen and living room have fixed setup there was need for a mobile version to take outside, to the bathroom etc. I got the idea from someone on /r/3dprinting. The design is quite cool because you have stereo from every site.

So here is the FreeCAD (nightly) screenshot:

I want to design a cage which will be covered by speaker fabric to cover the speakers and the huge blank areas on the side.

The housing was printed and I did a quick setup of all parts to see if it's working and it is :)
Here is the housing with the electronics:

Next to do is the cable management and printing the intermediate and top cover. I'm waiting for some special glue to put the speakers and membrane in place.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: WIP Audiobox

Post by Jee-Bee »

nice but to small woofers for my taste :P
mrwusel

Post by mrwusel »

True - might have gone for bigger ones but once it's properly closed it will sound like the Bose soundlink mini.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Always nice to see CAD models making it in the real world.