Piping for a Waste Water treatment plant

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ikua

Piping for a Waste Water treatment plant

Post by ikua »

We are renewing the piping of a waste water treatment plant. There for a lot of piping had to be plant.

I created a script including a menu, where you could define the pipes material, diameter medium. Color and fillet is updated automatically. Valves can be added (also with a script) an will move when pipe is moved.
A final script exports all the piping length, valves, bends, T peaces to an csv.

At the moment the menues and the script comments are mostly in german. If somebody is interessted in them i will github them (but have to learn it before). Some things are still a bit buggy but at all it is nice to work with the scripts.
Also a small script is used, to find overlapping pipes.
Attachments
upload forum.PNG
upload forum.PNG (157.35 KiB) Viewed 5699 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Piping for a Waste Water treatment plant

Post by Kunda1 »

ikua wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm We are renewing the piping of a waste water treatment plant. There for a lot of piping had to be plant.

I created a script including a menu, where you could define the pipes material, diameter medium. Color and fillet is updated automatically. Valves can be added (also with a script) an will move when pipe is moved.
A final script exports all the piping length, valves, bends, T peaces to an csv.

At the moment the menues and the script comments are mostly in german. If somebody is interessted in them i will github them (but have to learn it before). Some things are still a bit buggy but at all it is nice to work with the scripts.
Also a small script is used, to find overlapping pipes.
Very cool!
We're interested, please up this to Github. Also could your script improve the Flamingo Workbench in any way?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
benbubob

Post by benbubob »

Nice work. It would be good to see FreeCAD adapted for use with publicly owned infrastructure (e.g. water / wastewater pumping stations, underground vaults, small treatment plants,...). I am not sure if your project is for publicly owned infrastructure, but either way, it is a good example. I encourage you to post it on github/gitlab.
chrili_rakete

Post by chrili_rakete »

Wow, very cool – I too will be interested to see your script published on Github!
oddtopus

Post by oddtopus »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:11 pm Very cool!
We're interested, please up this to Github. Also could your script improve the Flamingo Workbench in any way?
Yeah! This is really what I'm looking for.
I'm eager to see the tools implemented by @ikua. Maybe they could be merged in the evolution of flamingo, which curiously is a dodo...
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 4&start=20
ikua

Post by ikua »

@oddtopus

Implementation on flamingo would be interesting but will be quite tricky I thing. Also my programming skills are more a brutal methode, so my code lacks often the simplicity. I am also fighting at the moment with github (never really used it) to try to upload the scripts. Hope i will be able to do it during this week.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

ikua wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:38 am I am also fighting at the moment with github (never really used it) to try to upload the scripts. Hope i will be able to do it during this week.
Checkout Github on the FC wiki, and if you want a good git gui Gitkraken (though it's proprietary yet free for FOSS)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
oddtopus

Post by oddtopus »

ikua wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:38 am @oddtopus

Implementation on flamingo would be interesting but will be quite tricky I thing. Also my programming skills are more a brutal methode, so my code lacks often the simplicity. I am also fighting at the moment with github (never really used it) to try to upload the scripts. Hope i will be able to do it during this week.
It's ok, take your time but don't be afraid to do the first step. I guess that many started without having a clear idea of all the thing.
Then day by day you get into it and discover new ways to do the things. Believe me: it's definetly worth to try!
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

This is cool!

Look forward to more project on plant room installation.
oddtopus

Post by oddtopus »

ikua wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:38 am I am also fighting at the moment with github (never really used it) to try to upload the scripts. Hope i will be able to do it during this week.
Just an advice: it's simpler to create your repository on the web page and then clone it locally with "git clone". After that you just need to setup in your local repository the username and email to perform the "git push".
At least that is what I remember.