Cedar Dremel Tool Organizer

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
JorgeP

Cedar Dremel Tool Organizer

Post by JorgeP »

Hello, I just started using FreeCAD about 2 weeks ago and have had a desktop CNC mill for about 3 weeks. I would like to thank all of the advanced users here who have made several tutorials for FreeCAD.

Here is my Dremel tool organizer project file. The attached image shows the partially complete holder with some bits in it. The pocket was taking forever so I paused the work for another day. The project file has 90 holes for 1/8 inch shank bits. The large pocket is where the cutoff wheels and drum disks will go, yet to be milled.

My work-piece is a cutoff piece of 1x6 cedar deck board. I faced the wood with a 5mm Dremel 196 High Speed Cutter, it took forever and couldnt remove more than 0.25mm per pas with a 50% over cut at 4mm/min. I then used a Dremel 650 Slot Cutter for the rest of the work. The 650 Slot cutter worked much faster than the 196 so I am using that bit for all facing since I can boost the speed to 300mm/min at 1mm depth, or 150mm/min at a 2mm depth without problems on Cedar.

The current project file has the pockets for the cutoff wheels and sanding drums with a 10mm wide hole for fat fingers, also in the bigger pocket are 9 holes for dremel collets. A note on the finger holes to remove the cutoff wheels, this took forever to figure out, I couldnt find any tutorials on how to do this and was a lot of trial and error. I would like to thank Sliptonic for his no-nonsense tutorials. He saved me a lot of time figuring things out!

My machine is a SainSmart Genmitsu CNC Router that has a woodpecker board. I am making all path jobs in FreeCAD and then using Candle to send to the router.
DremelToolHolder-Incomplete-a.jpg
DremelToolHolder-Incomplete-a.jpg (59.91 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
and the project file, paths for the cutoff wheels in the large pocket have not been done yet. I hope by sharing the project file you can figure out how to do the finger pockets on circles.
Bit-And-Tool-Holder-Model-With-Paths.FCStd
(240.73 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Have a great day, and thank you to all the developers, outstanding application!
HarryGeier
Veteran

Re: Cedar Dremel Tool Organizer

Post by HarryGeier »

Well done. !
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/