Furniture, parametrical couch.

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
im7thson

Furniture, parametrical couch.

Postby im7thson » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (220.05 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
First try in something more complicated in FreeCAD. Similar works i'm doing for my job very often in cad software. First i did tech draw in 0.18 but it became so slow that i downloaded 0.19, now is much better but still its a bit of delays when panning page, hope this will be improved. Maybe there is a way to click something to get it run smooth?
Kunda1

Re: Furniture, parametrical couch.

Postby Kunda1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:07 am

Thanks for sharing. Perhaps you can post a new thread on the TechDraw subforum and give @wandererfan a heads up + perhaps share your model with him ?
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
vocx

Re: Furniture, parametrical couch.

Postby vocx » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:14 am

im7thson wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm
... i downloaded 0.19, now is much better but still its a bit of delays when panning page, hope this will be improved. Maybe there is a way to click something to get it run smooth?
FreeCAD and TechDraw use the OpenCASCADE Technology (OCCT) libraries to compute the projections. The Hidden Line Removal (HLR) algorithm of OCCT is notoriously slow. Unless this algorithm is improved in OCCT itself, this will be the biggest bottleneck in TechDraw to generate fast drawings.

When you use TechDraw_NewView the created view will have a "Coarse View" property. Turning this to True will result in uglier (less exact) drawings but faster recompute. Maybe you can use this when you are setting up your drawing, and set it to False when you want to have the finished drawing.