Freecad 0.19 is the best.

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Mongrel_Shark

Freecad 0.19 is the best.

Post by Mongrel_Shark »

Hi Eveyone. Sorry I have not been on forum lately. Works been flat out. Wish I could pop in more regularly and help out a bit.

I just got the 0.19 daily PPA update on my Ubuntu 16.04 machines. I've had the appimage version for a while, but little time to play.

Had a serious play today

Its AWESOME 8-)

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to the team for all the amazing work.

There are so many things that are fixed and improved I don't have time to list them all. I think by FC 0.20 will be up there with the paid software. In some ways already better!

I see I have some study to do with Linked parts. Looks really handy!!

The thing that blew me away the most.... - I just added a thread feature mid tree to a part that was the base for a PD polar pattern. Went to fix the polar pattern and found it was already updated with the new features. Then I added a pocket and boom, its propagated to the pattern. Wow that is smart :D

So much Awesome. I think 0.19 is my new go to :mrgreen: I can't go back now. I feel like a kid that just got the keys to the lolly shop.....

I'd stay and rave some more, but making myself late for work. Leaving quick screengrabs of today's project. Its a chamber from work. Need to make nice images for datasheets etc, as well as dimensional drawings for installers. Did a similar one 2 years back. Took me all day and a bit. This one only took me about 2 hours so far and drawings via TD won't take long :D . I'd say time saving is 25% skill improvement (thanks to this forum) and 75% because Freecad is the best.

Big Cheers to everyone involved. You guys are awesome.
Selection_058.png
Selection_058.png (201.46 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
Selection_059.png
Selection_059.png (166.05 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Freecad 0.19 is the best.

Post by kkremitzki »

Awesome, I'm glad to hear my decision to revisit the PPA support for 16.04 has borne fruit.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

Impressive model!
What is it used for? How did you model the screws/nuts/flanges? with flamingo + fasteners wb?
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

thschrader wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:59 am What is it used for?
Clearly a distillation column for a back garden still. :D
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Moved to User Showcase subforum
OP, care to rename the thread topic to include what you modeled ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs