Watering Nozzle for a Weed Sprayer

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
AwesomeCronk

Watering Nozzle for a Weed Sprayer

Post by AwesomeCronk »

My dad has a habit of starting his garden in the window as soon as February rolls around. This year, he has four shop lights hanging about an inch and a half to two inches above the soil of his seed cups. With these four lights, he got chili peppers sprouted 6 days after planting, no joke. Now comes the issue. He does not want to have to pick up the lights and hold his weed sprayer at least a half foot above the seeds in order to avoid eroding them. He asked me if it would be possible to 3d print a new nozzle to allow lots of water out, but gently.

The solution? He and I had a quick chat, and in 10 minutes, had the base sketch down for the design of the main part. Then, another 15-20 minutes and I had a shroud developed for it. The shape of the part allows water to fan out at about 60 degrees side to side, while offering a 45 degree-ish downward angle. He can now simply stick the wand in horizontally below the lights and water away. It also allows for large amounts of water to flow, perfect for watering large quantities of houseplants quickly.

I couldn't get super great pictures, because I printed it with glow in the dark filament and the LEDs over the seed trays charged it really good. Any way, the top is an image of it running at low pressure. Then is an image of it running with two pumps more pressure. Then is a screenshot of the shape in FreeCAD.
Nozzle_Low.jpg
Nozzle_Low.jpg (704.06 KiB) Viewed 2644 times
Nozzle_High.JPG
Nozzle_High.JPG (934.01 KiB) Viewed 2644 times
Nozzle1.png
Nozzle1.png (21.92 KiB) Viewed 2644 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.16131 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 3129ae4296e40ed20e7b3d460b86e6969acbe1c3