As an extension to the the previously shared model.
I try to keep up with the latest development version, but keep a few older appimage files just in case I encounter an error.
I try to adopt and FOSS workflow whenever I can, but sometimes I have to use MS for other CAD software or 3D printing slicer.
OS: Arch Linux (GNOME/gnome)
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.19667 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.8.1
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: English/United Kingdom (en_GB)
Describing this particular workflow it's just combination of part design and spreadsheet workbench with a few parameters.
Then tried it on my FFF printer to see it fits, does it require further adjustments to the parameters.
Then printed on SLS printer in Nylon-12
- Topo Naming issue (the hard way), had to create datum planes to extrude from or to, but I got it working in the end.
- Coming from other CAD background (Inventor and Fusion360 mainly, but also do Solidworks and SiemensNX) I got used to certain workflows, and sometimes it is hard to loose those habits
- My biggest bugbear currently working with other project is that I can reference values from spreadsheet workbench, but couldn't get it to work with reference other dimensions ie. from different sketches, etc. if anybody can give me hints with that, would be great.
I'll try to answer any further questions if I can.