LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
User avatar
mpetrasinovic
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:19 am
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contact:

LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Postby mpetrasinovic » Wed May 06, 2020 8:26 pm

In the past few weeks, we used FreeCAD a lot for our open-source blower based medical ventilator called LUNGSTORS. Presentation is available at:

https://protors.co/lungstors/

phpBB [video]
User avatar
bitacovir
Posts: 971
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:23 am
Contact:

Re: LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Postby bitacovir » Thu May 07, 2020 12:29 am

mpetrasinovic wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:26 pm
In the past few weeks, we used FreeCAD a lot for our open-source blower based medical ventilator called LUNGSTORS. Presentation is available at:
https://protors.co/lungstors/
Very interesting. Thanks for this open source project.
::bitacovir::
===================================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
My old Blog
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
chrisb
Posts: 24211
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

Re: LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Postby chrisb » Thu May 07, 2020 5:59 am

In the german forum's corona topic we were almost flooded with non CAD related videos. Glad to see this one!
kisolre
Posts: 2102
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Postby kisolre » Thu May 07, 2020 10:11 pm

You should apply tangencies where they will be present based on the other constraints. And if something can be achieved with geometric constraints they should be preferred over dimensional constraints. And dont leave loose unconstrained lines. if the size does not matter just add a random length. Dont use zero dimensions. use horizontal.vertical/point on line constraints. Here is a file with those suggestions applied:
Attachments
volute_top_kiss.FCStd
(878.07 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
User avatar
mpetrasinovic
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:19 am
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contact:

Re: LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Postby mpetrasinovic » Fri May 08, 2020 8:57 am

kisolre wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:11 pm
You should apply tangencies where they will be present based on the other constraints. And if something can be achieved with geometric constraints they should be preferred over dimensional constraints. And dont leave loose unconstrained lines. if the size does not matter just add a random length. Dont use zero dimensions. use horizontal.vertical/point on line constraints. Here is a file with those suggestions applied:

Thank you very much for your interest and all of your kind advice. I will make sure that the team read and implement all of this, from now on.
User avatar
saso
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:14 pm
Contact:

Re: LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Postby saso » Fri May 08, 2020 10:03 am

Very nice project Miloš, thanks for sharing! I see Octave in the video, you could add it to the list of used software and maybe for the next project maybe OpenModelica would also be interesting ;)
User avatar
mpetrasinovic
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:19 am
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contact:

Re: LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Postby mpetrasinovic » Fri May 08, 2020 10:09 am

saso wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:03 am
Very nice project Miloš, thanks for sharing! I see Octave in the video, you could add it to the list of used software and maybe for the next project maybe OpenModelica would also be interesting ;)
Yes you are right we use Octave and OpenModelica (even together) but we did not yet publish the source for this (our plan is to mention it in a separate section of the website).
User avatar
saso
Posts: 1487
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 1:14 pm
Contact:

Re: LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Postby saso » Fri May 08, 2020 10:21 am

Very cool, looking forward to see it... Bi vas mogu prit kdaj obiskat v Beograd :)
User avatar
mpetrasinovic
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:19 am
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contact:

Re: LUNGSTORS - An open-source blower based medical ventilator

Postby mpetrasinovic » Fri May 08, 2020 10:30 am

saso wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:21 am
Very cool, looking forward to see it... Bi vas mogu prit kdaj obiskat v Beograd :)
You are always welcome or uvek ste dobrodošli kod nas u Beogradu :D