TomB19 Assorted Designs

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
TomB19

Re: TomB19 Assorted Designs

Post by TomB19 »

I have 3 collets, now. They take about an hour to print.

I used the image workbench to design the piece that engages the wheel. What a super slick capability.

The other end will be connected with a steel coupler with grub screws.

Here's a wheel with double collets.
resized_wheel.png
resized_wheel.png (401.38 KiB) Viewed 790 times
Wheel dog design.png
Wheel dog design.png (33.15 KiB) Viewed 790 times
resized_Collet end view.png
resized_Collet end view.png (371.62 KiB) Viewed 790 times
resized_Collet double.png
resized_Collet double.png (334.3 KiB) Viewed 790 times
TomB19

Re: TomB19 Assorted Designs

Post by TomB19 »

I apologize for not being around for several months. Life has a way of taking you aside and kicking you in the junk, sometimes.

I wanted a pair of stands for a bunch of audio equipment that will be coming into our audio system. I had a specific look in mind and it seemed like an easy project. I'm about 20 hours into this project and it will take 5 more hours to finish the second stand but I'm pleased with how the first one turned out. There is about 150 hours of 3d printing in this project, as every column cover was printed individually and very slowly to eliminate stringing.
Stand web.jpg
Stand web.jpg (163.12 KiB) Viewed 548 times
The FreeCAD part of this design was done a couple of years ago, on v0.17. It was frustrating but I learned a lot from it. Suffice to say, it is some of the least sophisticated CAD work in existence but there are a few details that are not seen.

These parts were made from STL files dated mid 2019. The daily build of FreeCAD will open these source files but I have not tried manipulating them. All else fails, I should be able to recreate these CAD designs in about 15 minutes. lol!
Nut load web.jpg
Nut load web.jpg (172.93 KiB) Viewed 548 times