My Drawings

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
thschrader
Veteran

Re: My Drawings

Post by thschrader »

Again: impressive work!
What about a turkish subforum?
Is FreeCAD well known in turkey?
If not, you are the man... :)
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

That's a good idea but I didn't see much turkish people in forum. Actually just me and Halil :)
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:43 pm That's a good idea but I didn't see much turkish people in forum. Actually just me and Halil :)
OK, 2 wolfes. From 83 mio... :)
Maybe your yurttaşlar hesitate to write in english.
(I used google translate for the turkish word)
In german: yurttaşlar=Landsleute
Hope this is right.
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

thschrader wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:06 pm Maybe your yurttaşlar hesitate to write in english.
Yurttaşlar is fine :) yes that is the main problem. Also solidworks and autodesk solutions more popular in here. But a Turkish forum may help to get more interest in FreeCAD.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

HakanSeven12 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:58 am But a Turkish forum may help to get more interest in FreeCAD.
It would need a moderator ;)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
HakanSeven12
Veteran

Post by HakanSeven12 »

FreeCAD is a parametric part design software. But I'm not using it for this. I just used and developed trails from the beginning. I'm not so familiar with other workbenches. So Halil can be the moderator of turkish forum. Of course if Halil wants that too. Because he is using FreeCAD as it's supposed to be. Also I will be happy to help people in this forum for basic questions :)
mhalil wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:40 pm
What are you thinking about that?
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

thschrader wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:28 pm Again: impressive work!
What about a turkish subforum?
Is FreeCAD well known in turkey?
If not, you are the man... :)
Thanks.
I Agree with Hakan. (Also solidworks and autodesk solutions more popular in here)
Being a moderator in the forum requires regular follow-up and participation. I don't have time for this. (I say this based on my experience in other forums)
However, it may be useful to open the Turkish Forum section. I am happy to answer messages as long as I have time.

Keyhole (Anahtar Deliği)
Attachments
Anahtar Deligi 3.png
Anahtar Deligi 3.png (419.8 KiB) Viewed 2636 times
Anahtar Deligi 2.png
Anahtar Deligi 2.png (385.69 KiB) Viewed 2636 times
Anahtar Deligi 1.png
Anahtar Deligi 1.png (228.51 KiB) Viewed 2636 times
Anahtar Deligi.FCStd
(71.86 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
mhalil

Post by mhalil »

Universal Joint (Mafsal)

for Download : https://grabcad.com/library/mafsal-universal-joint-1 (I can't load file in forum, File Size is 1.7 MB)
Attachments
Mafsal 3.jpg
Mafsal 3.jpg (228.33 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
Mafsal 2.png
Mafsal 2.png (580.49 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
Mafsal 1.png
Mafsal 1.png (401.06 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

How is the second screenshot view rendered? The mirror finish?
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

It might be good to split this off into a separate topic, but a few comments from my perspective after starting a Chinese language sub-forum:

- Many people are not confident enough in their English to participate in a main forum, so if you provide a place for them it will seem like new participants came out of nowhere

- The main obligation is approving new posts (detecting if it's a real newcomer or someone trying to spam.) This is usually pretty obvious, but some get through the cracks, so it would be important for others to be reading and reporting things that don't look right

- Besides filtering spammers, the other main task is preventing abusiveness and dealing with disputes. Google Translate can help with this but only to an extent. However this is quite rare and can be managed just by other people posting things like "don't behave that way"

So, I am +1 for creating one, but there is a mostly small bit of work associated which I should not volunteer myself for.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.