fast direct modeling with arch. multifunctional building / half-timbered house

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Re: fast direct modeling with arch. multifunctional building / half-timbered house

Post by thomas-neemann »

paullee wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:26 pm
thank you
Roy_043 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:06 pm
in some places it is intentionally next to the grid so that certain edges are a little behind others.
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: fast direct modeling with arch. multifunctional building / half-timbered house

Post by Roy_043 »

thomas-neemann wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:12 pm in some places it is intentionally
I understand that. But what you are doing in the video: 'eyeballing' instead of snapping, is not good practice.
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:07 pm
thomas-neemann wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:12 pm in some places it is intentionally
I understand that. But what you are doing in the video: 'eyeballing' instead of snapping, is not good practice.
unfortunately I don't understand you (via google translator). can you rewrite it or post it in pictures?

chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:07 pm eyeballing' instead of snapping, is not good practice.
Hingucken statt Nutzung der Einrastfunktionen ist schlechte Praxis.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

chrisb wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:21 pm
Roy_043 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:07 pm eyeballing' instead of snapping, is not good practice.
Hingucken statt Nutzung der Einrastfunktionen ist schlechte Praxis.
danke für den hinweis. hier habe ich teilweose absichtlich danebengeklickt, damit in der ansicht verdekte linien unsichtbar sind. es sollte im millimeterbereich ungenau sein, was auf dem bau kein problem ist.

thanks for the hint. here i have deliberately clicked next to it in some cases so that obscured lines are invisible in the view. it should be inaccurate in the millimeter range, which is not a problem on the construction site.

chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I only used German for your understanding. The discussion should out of courtesy to the other participants be continued in English. So no further German is needed.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:07 pm
it's about these representations
Bildschirmfoto_2020-12-27_21-34-45.png
Bildschirmfoto_2020-12-27_21-34-45.png (70.04 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

I thought that in the actual building these wooden members would be offset as well. So the BIM model is perhaps confusing.

My main issue the lack of accuracy (when you 'eyeball' the size of an object you don't actually measure it, you just estimate its dimensions by eye).

See the image (Orthographic view, Front view, Wireframe mode).

In green the Fenster object. You can clearly see there is a gap on the left of the window (on the other side there is a small overlap and at the top a big overlap). Also notice that the black line below the window, belonging to a horizontal wooden member, is actually not horizontal. In fact none of the faces of this member are exactly plane-parallel with the main global planes.

Maybe these inaccuracies do not show up on the plans if you dimension in cm. But for other participants in the BIM process they are problematic.
Attachments
BIM_accuracy.png
BIM_accuracy.png (5.06 KiB) Viewed 773 times
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

Roy_043 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:23 am
as I know that is the price for a quick construction.
for my customers, speed is the most important thing.
the managing directors all complain that the construction times have doubled since the 3d construction.
"The big ones don't eat the small ones, the fast ones eat the slow ones"

Greetings Thomas

Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

One of the issues is indeed that creating a good useful BIM model takes time. And the question then becomes does this pay off? Do subcontractors actually use the model or the DXF files created from it? And why should an architect make their work more efficient anyway? Food for thought...

But in the Netherlands, we dimension in mm, this model would already pose a problem for drafters creating the detailed plans in the architect's office.