First off thank you to all the developers of Freecad. Here are some pictures of a recently completed project. The initial conceptual drawings and construction drawings were all done with Freecad. The FEM analysis was done by a 3rd party using solid works as I don't have the professional qualifications to certify the engineering results. The client has graciously allowed me to share some screen shots of the Freecad modelling, the fabrication drawings and some pictures of the project in progress.
This is an ex Japanese Fire Department AS365 airframe mounted on a locally fabricated stand designed in Freecad. It will be used for training people in the use of the rescue hoist for example hoist operators, search and rescue techs, ships pilots, and any one else that may need to he hoisted to or from a helicopter will all be able to train on this device prior to training on the actual aircraft.
The tech draw workbench has come a long way and is certainly capable of producing real drawings it still struggles with updating drawings after the model is updated or changed. I think this is due to the topological naming problem that is well known in Freecad but with a little ingenuity and persistence you can make it work. All the drawing and modelling was done with 0.19 daily release on an old dell laptop with a pentium I 5 8gig ram running linux mint.
Thanks again to every one that has contributed to Freecad both on the code, in the forums and web sight over the years. This has given me and countless other's the opportunity to learn how to produce 3d models and cad drawings with out the barrier to entry of a several thousand dollar a year licencing fee.
Wish I could share more.
I learned a lot. Huge improvements have been made in Freecad since my last big CAD project a 30 inch anchor winch completely done in freecad 0.16.
I wish I could share some of those pictures but I don't have permission.
The cuts in the drawing were done in a round about way. A bit of a hack really. With the part work bench I made a simple copy of the frame assembly then I used boolean cut to get rid of the parts I did not need for the drawing view. This works but it is not parametric and if you update the model you have to update the simple copy and the drawings.
How about an air blower mounted above the door blowing downward, then add a vibration motor under the floor, then some stereo speakers blaring with loud motor noise. That would help sell the simulation.
Aperantly there will be a green screen behind and below with vr goggles. Not sure what the buget for that is. I'm just happy it's up there and will not fall down. Big fan and load speakers sound more my style along with some flashing lights