Fork, Spoon and Cup

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kennymingt

Re: Show your FreeCAD projects here!

Post by kennymingt »

Spacether, Do you have any step by step tutorial on how to model the spoon and fork? Thank you
spacether

Re: Fork, Spoon and Cup

Post by spacether »

I don't sorry. You can go through the posted Freecad file and look at the steps I used to make it.
ChapaikinVA

Post by ChapaikinVA »

Please, make a tutorial (video or step-by-step instruction) how to make a spoon. Especially for middle part (made via planes & loft). As it's not obvious how to do it (I mean intermediate steps), even if a source file (.FCStd) is accessible.
Дедушка Мороз, (если ты есть) пусть в новом году FreeCAD не будет таким глюкодромом. Хотя бы для Part / PartDesign! Ну хотя бы чтобы булеаны не глючили! Кроме как на тебя надеяться, видимо, больше не на кого ... :cry:
jmsequeira

Post by jmsequeira »

Hi,

I've found out a video on how to make a spoon with FreeCAD 16 and I am still scratching my head asking why it works...

Then, after searching on freecadweb, I've found the current post.

I thought it would look more complete with the following video. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE3ww54rkNc

Thanks!
Joao
jmsequeira

Post by jmsequeira »

About the vídeo, I guess the conventional way of doing it would be to select the loft as non-solid, extrude it, and then subtract it from the first solid.

Careful, because the extrude operation wont work if the directix is not explicitly indicated. FreeCAD cant automatically detect a default extrude direction.