mouse

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jjsca

mouse

Post by jjsca »

Hello everybody, I have modelled a simple mouse in FreeCAD using mainly part and part-design workbenches and a home made macro for sweeping. Here is the result

It was quite fun modelling this item I just had a few crashes using fillets and the sweep. I got a small problem uploading the fcstd file (it is too big to be uploaded on this forum) if anyone knows a solution to that let me know so that I can upload the file.

Good night everyone

J.J.
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Show your FreeCAD projects here!

Post by NormandC »

Nice work jjsca! :)
jjsca wrote:and a home made macro for sweeping.
Aren't you aware that there's been a sweep tool in the Part toolbar for a few months now? So there is no need for macros anymore.

There is even a "Thickness" tool that can hollow out a solid, creating a shell with a uniform thickness. This would be useful to create realistic parts for your mouse. :)
jjsca wrote:I just had a few crashes using fillets and the sweep
I'm working on a model where the base feature is a loft. Fillets don't seem to like lofts and sweeps much! I too have been suffering from crashes.
jjsca wrote:I got a small problem uploading the fcstd file (it is too big to be uploaded on this forum) if anyone knows a solution
You can register a free account with a cloud storage service like Dropbox. Or if you're on Ubuntu you can get a free 5GB Ubuntu One account and it integrates well in the file manager, there's no need to install a desktop client.