House modeling in progress

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
matthijskooijman

Re: House modeling in progress

Post by matthijskooijman »

ABeton wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:12 pm Also one thing to add I have a problem when I want to import models from the BIM Objects Library. There is the online option but when I activate it, it doesnt work. also There are some links below to webistes like BIM object and when I try to open them, it does not work. So was just wondering what could be the problem?
Responding to an earlier post in this thread, I also ran into this same problem recently. I suspect it is a bug, see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=58203
ABeton

Post by ABeton »

Yes I posted in that thread as well :lol: Thank you :)
dimitar

Post by dimitar »

Hi,

I really want to thank you for sharing your progress and tips. The only way to make Freecad TechDraw is indeed to split 2d and 3d elements and isolate them, so much appreciated to see your tips!

I do have a question about the simple link group, I followed your tutorial steps on making a sub-link for 2d. It works well!. The issue I am having at the moment is that with a simple linked group, it is not possible to select the actual group in the view, just in the outliner. So if I want to move a link, I always need to do it via the outliner. Is there a way to achieve the same but have the top most link selectable in the view?