Arch Roof : cannot edit the roof

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
paullee
Veteran

Re: Arch Roof : cannot edit the roof

Post by paullee »

If it doesn't appear in latest version, not sure if it worth the effort of reporting a bug with a fix probably not have backported there indeed. Possibly only very rare corner case you drop into, better save time for developers If none of them indicates preference :)
editedusername

Post by editedusername »

paullee wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:04 pm If it doesn't appear in latest version, not sure if it worth the effort of reporting a bug with a fix probably not have backported there indeed. Possibly only very rare corner case you drop into, better save time for developers If none of them indicates preference :)
It doesn't appear in a very simple project created in the latest stable version (0.18.1).

It did appear in a rather complicated project that was created in an earlier version (0.17.13541) while manipulating that project in 0.18.1. Said project has also been manipulated and saved while running 0.18.1 several times prior to trying this.

So, this can be one of many things:
  • The rather complicated project has other problem(s) that are independent of the version that originally created it which will trigger this issue.
  • Any project created in 0.17.13541 would show this issue.
  • Or God knows what.
I'm leaning towards the first possibility, to be honest.
Asplund86

Post by Asplund86 »

editedusername wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:41 pm
doo2 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:36 pm Very old message, but I have the same issue in 2018, and I have found a semi-solution, which should be helpful to the developers.

It appears that properties of the roof have more values than edges on the roof (e.g. 11 values in square brackets [22,45,90,45,45,90,45,90,90,45,90] instead of 8, which is the number of edges)
If I remove all excess values in the properties, for angles, heights, overhang etc, to get to 8 [22,45,90,45,45,90,45,90], then the double click allows me to edit properly again. (instead of seeing the 3D referential appear)

Cheers,
Ed
And it's now 2019 and I see the same problem with 0.18.1 release version.

Your work-around still works! Thank you very much for posting it.
Same! Thanks! 2020