Color Bug?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Color Bug?

Post by Jee-Bee »

I have something strange.
I change some colors on a model of mine. After that i change some parameters of one of the models. And after that my colors screwed up.
First when everything was green. When i close the model and open it again everything is gray. i opened a second window to show when i say change color the color still exist (but doesn't show anymore).

See figure
Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 10.06.34.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 10.06.34.png (393.5 KiB) Viewed 2701 times
Attachments
PCB_d.FCStd
(46.39 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
arcol

Re: Color Bug?

Post by arcol »

Jee-Bee wrote:I have something strange.
I change some colors on a model of mine. After that i change some parameters of one of the models. And after that my colors screwed up.
First when everything was green. When i close the model and open it again everything is gray. i opened a second window to show when i say change color the color still exist (but doesn't show anymore).

See figure
Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 10.06.34.png
When you select a model in 3D or a face of a modell, it changes color.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

arcol wrote:When you select a model in 3D or a face of a modell, it changes color.
Yeah but that's not what i mean. the selected surface had to be dark green as seen in the bar on the left (when not selected).
The PCB plate is dark green; the blocks are black and the connections aren't colored yet.
As you can see on the right everything shows the default color...
arcol

Post by arcol »

Jee-Bee wrote: Yeah but that's not what i mean. the selected surface had to be dark green as seen in the bar on the left (when not selected).
The PCB plate is dark green; the blocks are black and the connections aren't colored yet.
As you can see on the right everything shows the default color...
Opening your fcstd file, I only see a single part inside (MultiTransform).
I can change the line color for example:
pcb_color.png
pcb_color.png (58.67 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

i know it is a single part. It is a kind of dummy PCB.
But i have coloured some faces but Freecad don't show the coloured faces, it shows the default colour.
That's just my problem.

RMC on one of the featues>> set color>> try some faces in the color bar show the color they should have…
See also figure in my first post
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I don't know what happened but the number of faces and the number of colours do not match.

Code: Select all

len(Gui.ActiveDocument.MultiTransform.DiffuseColor) # 135
len(App.ActiveDocument.MultiTransform.Shape.Faces) # 147
In order to restore the colours you set before invoke the panel to set colours per face. Click on a face, go to the panel and click on the colour button and confirm with OK.
arcol

Post by arcol »

Jee-Bee wrote: But i have coloured some faces but Freecad don't show the coloured faces,
Sorry for the misinformation, I didn't know you can color differently multiple faces of a single part.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

wmayer wrote:I don't know what happened but the number of faces and the number of colours do not match.

Code: Select all

len(Gui.ActiveDocument.MultiTransform.DiffuseColor) # 135
len(App.ActiveDocument.MultiTransform.Shape.Faces) # 147
In order to restore the colours you set before invoke the panel to set colours per face. Click on a face, go to the panel and click on the colour button and confirm with OK.
So I have first restore the default colour and then recolour (per face) it again? and then i have my colour sceme?
And what i change something (I add something) i can start over again??
arcol wrote:Sorry for the misinformation, I didn't know you can color differently multiple faces of a single part.
I know since wednesday ;)
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

Hi,
Part Design allows you to give a color to individual faces, or color all parts with the same color,
but if you want each of them with a different color, you can also consider use Part and Draft:
Attachments
pcbColor.png
pcbColor.png (31.21 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Jee-Bee wrote:And what i change something (I add something) i can start over again??
It's a bit tricky as the answer depends on the WB and tool you used and on what you are trying to achieve. There are workarounds available. You can read more about it here issue #0001654.