hide measures

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
free4one

hide measures

Post by free4one »

Hello Guys

It is possible to hide(not delete) the red measures? Because it sucks. It disturbs to create new drawings. Thanks ;)
Attachments
ededed.PNG
ededed.PNG (84.09 KiB) Viewed 4416 times
microelly2
Veteran

Re: hide measures

Post by microelly2 »

Its not possible to hide the red constraints

Two other remarks
You have to design your two parts in two different sketches to get two independend objects.
You can drag the messures with your mouse to positions where they are better readable and do not overlap your sketch.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
you can change the color of the lines Menu > Display > Sketcher > Constraint color
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

these are "constraints" and are critical to the functioning of a sketch...hiding them could cause difficulties, would be counter intuitive.
ehrichweiss

Post by ehrichweiss »

I hate to post to an old thread but despite the nay-sayers' comments, there are plenty of reasons to be able to hide constraints temporarily. I'm working with a project that has about 2500 hexagons, each with 4 or more constraints set by me(that's besides the constraints set on hexagons to begin with) and I'm only at about 100 objects right now and it takes nerves of steel to select the correct edge for fear of selecting one of the constraints that are blocking my view from the distance I have to view it. No, I can't make it simpler or break it down into smaller pieces. I tried that in multiple ways including scripting and using Python, and I either got random crashes or unpredictable behavior. While the crashes and unpredictable behavior need to be addressed, there's nothing wrong with being able to turn the constraint lines off while you move a piece of one of your sketches to another part of the sketch.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

ehrichweiss wrote:there are plenty of reasons to be able to hide constraints temporarily.
There's already a feature request on the bug tracker. But until a developer volunteers to implement it, this won't get done. The sketcher has not been worked on for most of the past year.
ehrichweiss wrote:I'm working with a project that has about 2500 hexagons
That's massive.
ehrichweiss wrote:No, I can't make it simpler or break it down into smaller pieces.
Why?!? :roll:

Creating a sketch with 2500 constrained hexagons is totally insane. Even in commercial programs with mature solvers sketchers it would be an almost impossible task because at some point the solver would totally bog down. There's too much stuff to solve.
  • Are your hexagons the same size, or are they of different sizes (and how many sizes)?
  • Do you have any kind of repeating pattern?
  • What's your end game? What will you use these hexagons for? Will you produce a 3D shape?
If all you need is 2D then I recommend you work in a dedicated 2D CAD program like LibreCAD or DraftSight.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

(a discussion about hexagon pattern followed, and was split off into a new thread: pattern of hexagons on cylinder)
tnm23

Post by tnm23 »

Maybe if the line colours had an alpha channel, so construction/constaints can be given varying levels of translucency? Alternatively, dots and dashes and thinner lines would be the more traditional draughtsman's answer.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

NormandC wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:18 pm There's already a feature request on the bug tracker. But until a developer volunteers to implement it, this won't get done. The sketcher has not been worked on for most of the past year.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/posting.ph ... 3&p=134662
I found the feature request: issue #1629 (it's 2 year old :| )
Hi, I find this thread after I open a discussion earlier and struggling how to report in bug tracker (newbie) - Bejant suggested to open a ticket on the bug tracker to ask for the feature.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24570 Sketcher - Make Invisible Reference Constraints & Construction Geometry

I find Wmayer says ' Implemented in 0.17 ' in 1/2017.

I am confused - should I reported by adding to the same bug/feature report?
(otherwise I may confuse the bug tracker :) )

Thanks for any hints!
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

paullee wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:38 pm
I find Wmayer says ' Implemented in 0.17 ' in 1/2017.

I am confused - should I reported by adding to the same bug/feature report?
(otherwise I may confuse the bug tracker :) )

There was an implementation to hide the blue constraints but then there was an (unsolvealble?) bug.