Problem with Fusion: missing parts, colors changed

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
JLB85FR

Problem with Fusion: missing parts, colors changed

Post by JLB85FR »

Hi,
in the attached design, I get an abnormal behaviour when trying to fusion items.
for instance, fusion004+fusion001, it's ok, but fusion004+ any other, there is an issue.
Maybe it can come from the item wall002_rdc, but I don't know what to do to repair this.
Wall002_rdc is a fusion of several other parts... not neccesseraily on grid :(

Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
Version: 0.16.6612 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 18f0cc634665e15f5191dbfa9ea980a16e25ad26
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
Attachments
maison test fusion.FCStd
(340.96 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Problem with Fusion: missing parts, colors changed

Post by NormandC »

Hello,
JLB85FR wrote:but fusion004+ any other, there is an issue.
The issue is with all the booleans you've created under fusion004. Just select one and analyze it with the Check geometry tool, they all have errors. Even Fusion and Fusion001 have created invalid shapes.

Yorik will confirm (or not), but I doubt Arch objects are supposed to be used in boolean operations like that. Why are you doing that exactly? :?

If it's to group them together into single selectable objects, then Part Compound (accessible from the Part menu) would be more suited.

Now that I think of it, isn't that what Arch Building is for?
JLB85FR

Post by JLB85FR »

I'm using boolean operations to merge walls in order to avoid the separation lines between them (like the wall under roofs, or 'wall_sud_est' which has been added in my design).

by the way, I had difficulties to hide the line between 2 overlapping roofs (terrasse and garage) since they are not made from the same base shape, but the panes have the same angle... I don't know how to do this, I tried to use the same color for surface and wires, but depending on the angle of view, the lines color does not follow the surface color.

for fusion, I wanted to group objects in order to import them and be able to rotate and move the whole building in the ground drawing (see attached)
If there is another way of doing this, I will do, I will try arch building asap (tomorrow now)...

I tryed with compound, it seems to be better ! :)
(I have merged with in the attached file. the file named Terrain+garage+house was made before without compound)
sorry for the names which are mixed english+french...

I do not find errors with geometry check, how do you get these results ?

thanks for your reply,it is very helpful ;)
Attachments
terrain+garage+house.FCStd
(480.55 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
ground+house.FCStd
(465.03 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

JLB85FR wrote:I do not find errors with geometry check, how do you get these results ?
Sorry, I forgot you must have BOP check enabled.

viewtopic.php?t=7878#p64422
JLB85FR

Post by JLB85FR »

ok, I found them.
I don't understand why, errors are only on roofs, but roofs a made under Arch and I just have edited the pane properties ....
for roofs having only 2 panes I have set the angle to 90°.
I will check on a new project.
JLB85FR

Post by JLB85FR »

Hello,
- How is it possible to edit a compound to remove one element for instance :?:

- I tested the check geometry on a new project with only one rectangle and a roof made from it, all the parts of the roof are in error.
wouldn't it be useful to report a bug for this :?:
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

JLB85FR wrote:- How is it possible to edit a compound to remove one element for instance :?:
You should be able to expand "compound" in the combo view, then select the object you want to delete then delete. If the object is made from a sketch for instance you will need to then delete the sketch as well.
JLB85FR wrote:- I tested the check geometry on a new project with only one rectangle and a roof made from it, all the parts of the roof are in error.
wouldn't it be useful to report a bug for this :?:
The roof tool is pretty new, and I'm not sure of it's usage. If you could post your most simple example of the failure in the arch sub-forum with "arch roof tool" in the topic title we will attract the attention of the experts.
BTW: @JLB85FR, I'd like to compliment you on the quality of this post. It's clear and you’ve provided requested information. It makes it quicker and easier to, if not solve the problem, at least get to the crux of the matter.
"fight the good fight"
JLB85FR

Post by JLB85FR »

Hi,
sgrogan wrote:You should be able to expand "compound" in the combo view, then select the object you want to delete then delete. If the object is made from a sketch for instance you will need to then delete the sketch as well.
I don't want to delete the item which is in the compound, but just remove it because I don't need it, maybe add others, but it should stay in the design.
When you create an addition of walls for instance, you can edit the parent and remove or add children easily from the list.
in the attached example, I have made a compound with 3 items, 2 walls and an addition of 2 walls (the parent beeing wall002)
Like in the wall002 edit box, it should exist the same for the compound.

For the second point, I have posted a topic in the arch subforum as you suggested. (arch roof tool - geometry errors)
Thanks for your comment on my topic ;)
Attachments
compound+added walls.FCStd
(14.84 KiB) Downloaded 26 times