OS: Windows 7
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.7709 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
I have been struggling in Part Design with making a simple polar array of holes around an axis other than one of the basic body axes.
I have already independently created the object by using Part and Draft Workbenches, so this is more for curiosity and perhaps bug reporting.
For this example I used the following steps, completely in Part Design Workbench
1. Start with new document in FC17.
2. Create body.
3. Create basic block through the normal sketch and pad procedures.
4. Create helper pad by creating sketch on top face of basic block and padding.
5. Create prototype hole by creating sketch on top face of block and pocketing.
6. Create polar pattern.
-- Set the number of holes.
-- Choose "Select reference..." in the axis drop-down menu item and click on a vertical edge of the helper pad.
-- No error messages, but the axis does not change.
-- Log trace shows the correct axis is selected, but when the "OK" is clicked to finish the polar task the axis reverts back to (0,0,0).
7. I added the extra "visualization" pad at the end only to show where I want the circle of holes.
I am using the Gesture style of navigation, but I tried other styles with no change in the polar behavior.
As a side note which may or may not be related, Graphviz crashes about the time the polar array is attempted. (Graphviz crashes frequently when I use FC17.)