Mouse snapping to vertices is broken in 0.17.8353

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bgoodr

Re: Mouse snapping to vertices is broken in 0.17.8353

Post by bgoodr »

NormandC wrote:...But it may be better to leave a comment in the bug report saying the issue is fixed, and provide your FreeCAD info.
Done!

Ok so this update business is somewhat off-topic from FreeCAD, but since I'm impacted by it, I might as well show my current Ubuntu System Settings that is NOT giving me updates as I expect. I expect for them either (a) to happen automatically and behind the scenes, or (b) be prompted with a nag dialog box something of the form "You have new packages to update. Do you want to update them now?" or the equivalent, perhaps once per day.

Neither seems to be happening. And what puzzles me is that my settings seem to imply that they should. Here is what I have at present without any fiddling prior to just doing all of the apt-get commands that upgraded the freecad-daily package to the most recent one as indicated above. This is on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:

First here is one part of the System Settings for Software & Updates:

Switching to the Updates tab, I see:

NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

This is puzzling, everything seems to be in order from those screen captures.

The (Source Code) entry for PPAs is usually not enabled by default. It would be only of use if you wanted to download the source package. As an end user, you're only interested in the binary package.

In the Updates tab, I have one different setting, for "When there are other updates": I switched it to "Display immediately" (not sure of the exact English wording as my system locale is French (Canada)).

I too have "Download and install automatically" for the security updates.

Since I'm the impatient type :D , I have added the shortcut of the Update Manager in my Unity Launcher. Every time I boot up my PC, the first thing I do is to click on it to check for updates. But if forget to, it will open automatically when updates are available.
Attachments
Ubuntu_Unity_Update_Manager_01.png
Ubuntu_Unity_Update_Manager_01.png (90.82 KiB) Viewed 616 times
bgoodr

Post by bgoodr »

The Update Manager:

when executed immediately notifies me that there are updates:

So yeah something is amiss. Until I can figure out what is going on, I'll just live with the fact that I need to run the Update Manager.

Thanks again for your help!!!!