Show thread details in drawing

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Mongrel_Shark

Re: Show thread details in drawing

Post by Mongrel_Shark »

wandererfan wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Usual way to update template fields is to click on the little green dot. This opens an update dialog. If you don't see any green dots, maybe you're using a Drawing template instead of a TechDraw template?

Glad you like it.

wf
Yes using an svg document I painfully text edited for drawing dimensioning.

How do I turn it into a tech draw document? I have the original .svg and the .pdf I made that from if easier to start from scratch

I mentioned details here with some screenshots of the svg in a text editor
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 75#p187375

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Also got a few other bugs I have noticed. You are probably aware but would like to help as I'm great at breaking things in new and innovative ways. :mrgreen: and I would love to help speed up development any way I can. Is there a bug list I can check so I don't waste time double reporting?
Mongrel_Shark

Re: Show thread details in drawing

Post by Mongrel_Shark »

I have found a workaround for the editable fields.

The Tech Draw Annotations actually work quite well and behave themselves etc.Unlike in drawing and drawing dimensions.

So I just deleted any place holder text in my .svg via inkscape. Then Imported to tech draw and I can now put anotations wherever I need to fill tables, make headdings etc etc.

Its a bit tedious. but it works.

If I can't get my document with editable fields I think I will try and save blank copy (no drawings) with all the annotations in place. so I can edit revision details etc easily in the future.

Not quite as good as editable fields in the template but really close. Could be better for some as you can title each annotation field in the tree and quickly adjust the ones you need. Will see if it will save the editable annotations as .svg so I can use as template.

I wonder if anotations and editable fields could be merged as I'm sure a lot of users would like to use company standard templates and are not capable of text editing a .svg to customise their preferred plan template...