[Solved] [Sketcher] Point on mid-point / bisect

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Cristian.Palmas

Re: [Solved] [Sketcher] Point on mid-point / bisect

Post by Cristian.Palmas »

HarryGeier wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 am
Cristian.Palmas wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:15 am Hi all,

Isn't useful to modify line behaviour in order to make the midpoint selectable in sketcher, like other common CAD software?
Well, it´s not the question to SELECT the midpoint..it´s questionable wether the constraint solver can handle "midpoint" as a constraint. I don´t know.. but it´s would be quite nice to have.

I prefer datumpoints in the meantime..as i can use them on several sketches. Also, 2 addons exist, dealing with geometric locations along edges etc. Unfortunately only the workfeature macro can deal with 0.17 , workfeature workbench´s points and lines cannot be used in 0.17 up to now. Both would be nice to select a bunch of properties from several objects at once..
Thanks for the hint.
Cristian Palmas
http://cristianpalmas.it
MikeLemon

Post by MikeLemon »

Cristian.Palmas wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 am
HarryGeier wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 am
Cristian.Palmas wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:15 am Hi all,

Isn't useful to modify line behaviour in order to make the midpoint selectable in sketcher, like other common CAD software?
Well, it´s not the question to SELECT the midpoint..it´s questionable wether the constraint solver can handle "midpoint" as a constraint. I don´t know.. but it´s would be quite nice to have.

I prefer datumpoints in the meantime..as i can use them on several sketches. Also, 2 addons exist, dealing with geometric locations along edges etc. Unfortunately only the workfeature macro can deal with 0.17 , workfeature workbench´s points and lines cannot be used in 0.17 up to now. Both would be nice to select a bunch of properties from several objects at once..
Thanks for the hint.

Hi I'm from the future,

Why didn't that mid point constaint catch on?
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

Looks like no one else wants it bad enough, can't see the need for it myself.