TechDraw templates scale

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: TechDraw templates scale

Post by chrisb »

I was afraid of that but it is good to know.
Where did you get this quite but not really up to date version? (Current Windows says 13125 and I think it was yesterday as well).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

cappy0815 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:29 am I used inkscape to edit the svg and had a close look to the XML-Editor.
I can't figure out how to do it in Inkscape. I always have to hand edit the svg file.
You have to:
- move the group with the freecad:editable text items out of the scope of the transform clause.
- change the x,y values in the freecad:editable text items to their actual position on the page. This is essentially applying the translate part of the matrix by hand.
- either change the x,y values in the tspan items to match the new values, or just remove the "x=...,y=..." from the tspans so they inherit from their text item.

A4_Landscape_ISO7200TD.svg is a good example.

If you post your template file, I'll fix it up. You can look at the changes and write a "how-to"! :)

wf
cappy0815

Post by cappy0815 »

Hi,

thanks for the help. I'll send the template as PM, because there is a company logo in it and I don't want to share it, sorry.
chrisb wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:09 pm I was afraid of that but it is good to know.
Where did you get this quite but not really up to date version? (Current Windows says 13125 and I think it was yesterday as well).
I just downloaded from https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.17_pre

Michael
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

cappy0815 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:54 am I'll send the template as PM, because there is a company logo in it and I don't want to share it, sorry.
Here's the steps I used to convert @cappy0815's template. We need to convert the svg from pixels to mm and make sure that the x,y positions of the text fields are the actual values and don't rely on a transform clause.

- load template into inkscape
- use xml editor to edit "viewbox" to "0 0 width height"
- width & height are in mm
- template will now be bigger than page
- select all
- shrink to fit page
- check text items
- if in group, ungroup. this removes transform clause and converts the
x,y position of the items into mm.
- may need to change font size and/or family here. font size is not
consistent across fonts - 12pt Sans != 12pt Arial. Also inkscape may
insert spurious font size specs into tspans (font-size="7.0000" in this case).
not sure why. you'll need to check the actual svg code because inkscape won't
tell you about it.
- eliminate whitespace between </tspan>&</text> (regex bug, will be fixed soon).
- save