[CLOSED] "z": Switch to the next valid type.

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
shivaksingh

[CLOSED] "z": Switch to the next valid type.

Post by shivaksingh »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.12018 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: f27617e63e4cd0ea00dd307577abe465d9a709fa
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

HI All

I just came across "z": Switch to the next valid type. Its situated at the left bottom most corner of sketcher workbench under the task section. I read previous discussions about it on the forum (I guess at the time of testing).

Yet I'm still unable to understand it and its functionality scope.

Kindly help.

Sincerely
Last edited by shivaksingh on Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
meme2704
Veteran

Re: "z": Switch to the next valid type.

Post by meme2704 »

Hi shivaksingh
You seem very novice in drawing in general
you do not have to just read the discussion of the forum, but especially to consult the tutorials of beginner, shame that there is not "Fc for the dummies
I suppose you're talking about the 0Z axis?
Fc being 1 tool allowing to draw directly in 3D that is to say that the pieces appear on the screen not flat but in 1 impression of volume in isometric perspective for the mechanic, or in architectural perspective with effect of remoteness in 1 long street for example.
When you look at your screen as 1 worktop, 0X is to the right, 0Y is up, 0Z is to you
You first draw the bottom face on your screen, in X0Y, then you give it the thickness by doing 1 extrusion to 0Z
shivaksingh

Post by shivaksingh »

meme2704 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:53 am
I suppose you're talking about the 0Z axis?
No, I'm not talking about the OZ axis.

AS "ctrl" is used for multiple selection, similarly button "z" has its functionality with relevance to valid types.

This is what I want to know.

Sincerely
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Above the text you mentioned you have the list of elements in your sketch. If you select an element and press z-key it cycles if appropriate through edge, starting point, endpoint center.
I.e. for a line: select the line itself, select one point, select the other point
for a circle: select the circle's line, select the center,
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
shivaksingh

Post by shivaksingh »

chrisb wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:03 pm Above the text you mentioned you have the list of elements in your sketch. If you select an element and press z-key it cycles if appropriate through edge, starting point, endpoint center.
I.e. for a line: select the line itself, select one point, select the other point
for a circle: select the circle's line, select the center,
Thanks a lot chrisb Sir. This is indeed a powerful tool i mean it gives a completely new perspective to constraints.

Sincerely
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

shivaksingh wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:17 pm Thanks a lot chrisb Sir. This is indeed a powerful tool i mean it gives a completely new perspective to constraints.
You're welcome. Here in the forum we call each other with the prename and without Sir, it's more like family than like business.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.