yorik wrote: ↑Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:20 am
It's more or less like this: The full BIM tools that allow to build stuff from scratch 100% in freecad were long to evolve, so at the beginning it was indeed more convenient to import stuff and buld on it. The tutorials that were written at that point reflect that. However now it is not really the case anymore, the bim tools begin to work well on their own.
Thx, now clear.
As I wrote on your guestblog it would be even more great&efficient to have some simple tutorial presenting ca.complete arch. workflow:
1. some concept/layout/dwg maybe development
2. complete BIM 3d model, dimensioning, labelling
3. room book, spaces, area breakdown etc
4. plotting/presenting layouts/aka PAPER SPACE/: plans, sections, views,details
5. data extraction, dynamic link w/external app/spreadsheet/database etc
Expecting too much?