How to change my workflow to get better editability

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: How to change my workflow to get better editability

Post by triplus »

Well equipped issue report.

P.S. To spare you the troubles and answers on why you didn't read the "submission guidelines" and things like that. It's accustomed to add a pingback link to forum thread in the issue reports. But all in all if all bug finders/reporters would do such a good job. Likely developers would spend way more time on the issue tracker. ;)
AndreKR

Re: How to change my workflow to get better editability

Post by AndreKR »

AndreKR wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 pm could I maybe get an attachment mode that works the same as Plane face but sets the origin to a selectable vertex of the face (or even just the one with e.g. the lowest coordinates would already be helpful)?
I just noticed that there is already such a mode! It's called "Tangent to surface" (aka "TangentPlane"). It's a bit cumbersome to get... you have to close your new sketch, select it, then click "..." on Map Mode, click Reference2 and select the Verte x that you want as the origin for the new sketch. Then double-click the sketch again.

I'd like to create a simple feature request to make this workflow much easier: If you have a face and a vertex selected when clicking "New sketch", the attachment mode for the sketch should be TangentPlane with the vertex as Reference2.

What do you guys think?