Camera Objects - a la Blender or Cinema4D

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Tilli

Camera Objects - a la Blender or Cinema4D

Post by Tilli »

sgrogan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:23 am I think in this case I have some "expert blindness" . . .
DeepSOIC wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:00 pm . . . Customize . . . 'Standard View' . . .
liutas4x4 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 pm . . . the view remains untouched. On complex assembly it matters. . .

Heheh, not seen that term coined before, "expert blindness," but I think it's a very valid and oft-overlooked factor.

I've previously mentioned the undocumented and unintuitively named "Freeze Display" system which, by trial and error, seems to get us only so far.

For those of us who don't speak Python and APIs, is there any proper GUI-accessible system of "Camera Objects" planned for official core FreeCAD...?

With (at a bare minimum) the three principal characteristics : 1) Location 2) Orientation 3) Field-of-View.

Just a thought, but comments welcome, thanks

:)
microelly2
Veteran

Re: Camera Objects - a la Blender or Cinema4D

Post by microelly2 »

I have a parametric viewpoint object in the animation workbench
phpBB [video]
Tilli

Post by Tilli »

microelly2 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:27 am . . . a parametric viewpoint object in the animation workbench . . .
Thanks @microelly2 for the pointer. Unfortunately we can't watch video on the restricted internet here, the link is just a black rectangle.

I've installed the Animation WB and found the "Viewpoint Dialog" icon, is that the one you mean..?

AnimationWB-ViewpointDialog.png
AnimationWB-ViewpointDialog.png (23.71 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

:)
Willem
Veteran

Post by Willem »

hi , some macro' s exist:
" Macro rotate view" and " macro view rotation" and " macro align view to working plane" and " Macro FCcamera" .
You can download them from here https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Macros_recipes
Tilli

Post by Tilli »

Willem wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:40 pm hi , some macro' s exist:
" Macro rotate view" and " macro view rotation" and " macro align view to working plane" and " Macro FCcamera" .
You can download them from here https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Macros_recipes
Thanks @Willem for the pointer. Macros is still one of the many many areas I've not really explored yet, but I'll take a look. :)