Addons_installer stop working

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
SebastianKulik
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 9:42 pm
Location: SebastianKulik
Contact:

Addons_installer stop working

Postby SebastianKulik » Tue May 01, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi,
afterreinstall Win10 x64 (just clean re-install) and switching to new 0.17 the addons_installer hangs on on trying to install any of Workbenches (need actually assembly2).
Downloaded assembly2 manually and copied into "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.17\Mod" (copy to "...users\appdata\roaming\FreeCAD\Macro\Mod" not worked) can use assembly, but try to open KiCAD generated STEP get error about "A part can be imoirted from a FreeCAD document with exactly one visible part. Aborting operation".
Try to convert the STEP file to one solid in 0.17 is failed every time (tried in different ways as well), converting in 0.16 was fine (USB connector model nedded to be modified, but it works as well). Use assembly2 in 0.16 was fine to combine two PCB boards as well, in 0.17 a little bit crappy.....
Any help, guys?
Best regards from Germany,
Sebastian
chrisb
Posts: 18847
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Addons_installer stop working

Postby chrisb » Tue May 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Do you have any fancy characters like german umlauts in your user name? Which version do you use exactly?
russ_arnold
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:19 am

Re: Addons_installer stop working

Postby russ_arnold » Wed May 02, 2018 3:20 am

Doesn't help you, but I'm having exactly the same problem with the addons installer. Just sits there forever trying to download the list of workbenches. It doesn't actually hang as I can switch to the macros tab, but that also tries to download the list of macros forever. I do have a space in my Windows account name which may be significant, or not.
jmaustpc
Posts: 9566
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Australia

Re: Addons_installer stop working

Postby jmaustpc » Wed May 02, 2018 4:07 am

russ_arnold wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 3:20 am
Doesn't help you, but I'm having exactly the same problem with the addons installer. Just sits there forever trying to download the list of workbenches. It doesn't actually hang as I can switch to the macros tab, but that also tries to download the list of macros forever. I do have a space in my Windows account name which may be significant, or not.
please post your FreeCAD version data in the manner explained in the "forum rules" link above.
User avatar
HarryGeier
Posts: 1150
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:36 pm
Location: Hof Germany

Re: Addons_installer stop working

Postby HarryGeier » Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 am

here it happens with :

OS: Windows 10
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.13701 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at FETCH_HEAD)
Hash: 131f6a6506aa2b1d59c445f8e8354b12c63ff47f
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.0.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)


<asm3.main> 1.834 - init_gui.py(11): failed to import sympy: No module named sympy
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\Mod\AddonManager\AddonManager.py", line 415, in run
u = urllib2.urlopen("https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-addons")
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 404, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 427, in _open
'unknown_open', req)
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 1247, in unknown_open
raise URLError('unknown url type: %s' % type)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error unknown url type: https>



0.17 release version is okay, but i am sure at home i had the same issue yesterday with latest 0.17 version
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
User avatar
easyw-fc
Posts: 2664
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:34 am

Re: Addons_installer stop working

Postby easyw-fc » Wed May 02, 2018 5:46 am

HarryGeier wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 am
here it happens with :

OS: Windows 10
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.13701 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at FETCH_HEAD)
Hash: 131f6a6506aa2b1d59c445f8e8354b12c63ff47f
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.0.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)


<asm3.main> 1.834 - init_gui.py(11): failed to import sympy: No module named sympy
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\Mod\AddonManager\AddonManager.py", line 415, in run
u = urllib2.urlopen("https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-addons")
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 404, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 427, in _open
'unknown_open', req)
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\FreeCAD-asm3\bin\lib\urllib2.py", line 1247, in unknown_open
raise URLError('unknown url type: %s' % type)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error unknown url type: https>



0.17 release version is okay, but i am sure at home i had the same issue yesterday with latest 0.17 version
This is Assembly 3 release build, not any of the official build.
russ_arnold
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:19 am

Re: Addons_installer stop working

Postby russ_arnold » Wed May 02, 2018 7:11 am

jmaustpc wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:07 am
russ_arnold wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 3:20 am
Doesn't help you, but I'm having exactly the same problem with the addons installer. Just sits there forever trying to download the list of workbenches. It doesn't actually hang as I can switch to the macros tab, but that also tries to download the list of macros forever. I do have a space in my Windows account name which may be significant, or not.
please post your FreeCAD version data in the manner explained in the "forum rules" link above.
Here is the version info

OS: Windows 10
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13519 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 1a8b868018f45ea486c0023fdbfeb06febc1fb89
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: English/Australia (en_AU)
chrisb
Posts: 18847
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Addons_installer stop working

Postby chrisb » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 am

No problem here:

OS: Mac OS X
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13519 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at 1a8b868)
Hash: 1a8b868018f45ea486c0023fdbfeb06febc1fb89
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 5.10.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
chrisb
Posts: 18847
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Addons_installer stop working

Postby chrisb » Wed May 02, 2018 7:36 am

No problem here either,must be an issue specific to the Windows version.

OS: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.13648 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: 717a4a50a2a2b9ef483effed0210e70011dea5c9
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
User avatar
sgrogan
Posts: 5419
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:02 pm

Re: Addons_installer stop working

Postby sgrogan » Wed May 02, 2018 2:02 pm

chrisb wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:36 am
No problem here either,must be an issue specific to the Windows version.
Works for me, no problems. I am using the portable version (ie no installer)
OS: Windows 7
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13519 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 1a8b868018f45ea486c0023fdbfeb06febc1fb89
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)